Transmission quest

carsten

Reaction score
Hi,
I have the chance to buy an 04 mach1 with a defect automatic transmission, what do I need to swap to manual transmission?
I guess
1.Transmission 5 or does the mach have a 6 shift tranny
2.pedals
3.Clutch
4.shifter

Do I forgot anything (Ecu etc.?)
Does it fit plug and play, or are there any mods to the engine required?

Thank´s Carsten

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mach 1's came with a Tremec 3650.

Other than everything you listed, you will need the computer, clutch cable, 11" flywheel, 4.6 manual block plate, wiring harness, correct driveshaft yolk, possibly the crossmember, and the clutch fork if its not included with the transmission.

No mods to the engine are requires apart from capping off the auto lines that run to the radiator.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Mach 1's came with a Tremec 3650.

Other than everything you listed, you will need the computer, clutch cable, 11" flywheel, 4.6 manual block plate, wiring harness, correct driveshaft yolk, possibly the crossmember, and the clutch fork if its not included with the transmission.

No mods to the engine are requires apart from capping off the auto lines that run to the radiator.

Manual Mach1s came with the TR-3650.. Automatic Mach1s came with the 4r75w...
The 3650 is 5 spd, the auto is a 4 spd

If you switch over to a TR-3650, you might want to rebuilt. They are known for the Syncros going in them.

Also if you have a tuner(like an SF3), you do not need to change the ECU in the car as any dyno or remote tuner can change up the configuration to not read for an auto tranny anymore.

and realizing i should have quoted the other guy here as well.. carsten
MustangChris

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Manual Mach1s came with the TR-3650.. Automatic Mach1s came with the 4r75w...
The 3650 is 5 spd, the auto is a 4 spd

Yes but he's trying to switch to a manual so I don't think him getting a 4r75w will help lol :D

NicksGTR

Reaction score
Also, when I went from 2V to 32V, auto to 5spd, My tuner (VMP Tuning) had to adjust the ECU to read for correct speedometer calibration. The scalers between the auto and five spd are different, 5 to 12.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online