Transport windows

Randy Hayes

Reaction score
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has made transport windows for open trailer moving of a 04-race car? Thanks Randy Hayes

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Can you expand on this? I’m assuming you mean to access the interior of the car after it’s loaded? Might be interesting in this myself.

2B34FF4B-B458-4422-8B0D-4A37016E362D.jpeg

OP
OP
Randy Hayes

Randy Hayes

Reaction score
77181062-295-2004-Mustang-Track-Car.jpg

Hello, I'm looking to keep rain and stuff out of the car while transporting on an open trailer. I did this on my Fox Body I just sold but it was pretty easy to do with some Lexan or plastic sheeting. Thanks Randy

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
That makes more sense now. My car is still a street car with windows and the need hasn’t arisen.

sldghmr

Reaction score
Interested also....I had a Fox body racer that came with plastic cut outs that were really nice and came in handy for transport and the few times it had been parked outside with threat of rain. But now I've got a S550 (same frameless door design) and I'm wondering how this is going to work.

TORCH

Reaction score
Me to does any one have pictures. what if we made a frame out of 1/2 tubing and made pocket holes in the window opening for them to go in. Thanks for the idea???

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if its just for transport and you don't really care what it looks like it would not be all that hard to mask the area around the window with tape/foil and then lay down a layer of fiberglass resin over some fleece. IF you do care what it looks like then just build it up a little and then sand and paint.

OP
OP
Randy Hayes

Randy Hayes

Reaction score
Hello, everyone I have found on another mustang forum a solution for the S550 and S197 I'm going to hit him up on the SN95. The frameless window frame is an issue. I'll forward what I get back from him, thanks Randy

To whoever mentioned that you'll have to make them, you're clever. I think everyone would like to make themselves.

OP
OP
Randy Hayes

Randy Hayes

Reaction score
if its just for transport and you don't really care what it looks like it would not be all that hard to mask the area around the window with tape/foil and then lay down a layer of fiberglass resin over some fleece. IF you do care what it looks like then just build it up a little and then sand and paint.

OP
OP
Randy Hayes

Randy Hayes

Reaction score
Hello TTOCS, I do not have Instagram can you share a pic of what you are talking about? Thanks Randy

OP
OP
Randy Hayes

Randy Hayes

Reaction score
Hello everyone, here is the link...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hello TTOCS, I do not have Instagram can you share a pic of what you are talking about? Thanks Randy
I don't have a pic, never done it myself but I have done fiberglass and it could be done. Like I said you would have to mask the area around the window and then put down a layer of fiberglass resin on some fleece and then shape it in

OP
OP
Randy Hayes

Randy Hayes

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I think I have figured it out. I have cut a piece of plastic sheeting to the windows shape. I then wrapped the edge using water pipe foam covers (keeps pipes from freezing) it is a split foam tube for 3/8" pipes. It fits well in the slot that the weather stripping was in. I have 2 Velcro straps that wrap around the roll bars to connect back on the plastic and then shut the door. Once I'm finished with both doors, I'll throw on some pic.'s to get some opinions, we're in a drought right now so I'm not sure how they will work yet. Thanks Randy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.