tremec

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I think I'm having a fitment problem with my T-3550... My shifter base is damn close to the edge off the trans tunnel opening and the whole trans leans to the passenger side somewhat. I was informed that I have to modify my xmember some to fit it correctly, but Uhm, they (cj pony parts). def. didn't shed any light on the subject... So, any ideas from the peanut gallery? Also they said I need to lengthen my d/s some too. Anyone running a tremec know what I'm talkin about??

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's bolted in cockeyed or your car is cockeyed most likely.

Also, you can't lengthen the D/S (some lame ass shops will do this, but most won't) you can run a spacer though.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't excited with the idea of cutting up my alum d/s. Car sits level, body is not twisted thru the middle (thank you low hp) trans seems to sit firmly on the tranny xmember... I'm stumped!!!

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Do a search on the Corral. I believe this has been covered there, and may shed some light on it. I also think there are certain things you should do to prevent drivetrain vibrations somewhat common with the 3550 in an SN95.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
is the bellhousing flush to the block and square? is the trans the same to the bellhousing?

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Do a search on the corral there are literally over 100 threads on this.

In a nutshell you need:

Fox tremec bell
Fox clutch fork
DS spacer
Flip xmember so that left is on the right and right is on the left

After that you take a digital protractor and set your pinion angle so your trans does not vibrate. You may have to shim it up/down or drill the xmember so it can move left or right a little.

ryclef331

Reaction score
ScottyDsntKnow said:

In a nutshell you need:

Fox tremec bell
Fox clutch fork
DS spacer

After that you take a digital protractor and set your pinion angle so your trans does not vibrate. You may have to shim it up/down or drill the xmember so it can move left or right a little.

It by no means has to be a digital protractor. Not knocking you but you're the second person I've heard say this in 2 weeks. I use a 14 dollar craftsman angle finder / protractor and it works like a champ.

Passenger

Reaction score
ScottyDsntKnow said:

In a nutshell you need:

Fox tremec bell
Fox clutch fork
DS spacer

That is it right there. You may have to notch the holes on the crossmember a little, some people have had to in the past.

Also, you can't run the exhaust hanger that is on your crossmember. Atleast I couldn't.

For the record on the driveshaft spacer, I've got a Steeda spacer in mine and it fits like a charm.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I have been experiencing the aforementioned drivetrain vibrations, to the extent that I have to yank the tranny (for a 3rd time) to have some set screw retorqued to eliminate my shifter being so 'sloppy' I actually have a craftsman protractor in my tool bag at work Ry. I'm an electrician by trade, so I fool with angles all day running conduit, cable tray, etc. I will def. Flip the xmember, and begin the fitting process. Just not anytime soon :( working seven 10s right now...

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
No, I work for Triad Electrical and controls,a civilian contractor. Currently, I'm working at Criterion, an aluminum recycling plant in southern louisiana, on a couple units they're building. Pays well!

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
For a 7-0 schedule as a civilian it better. Problem is for some people is that it's not worth it to work much overtime as it shoots them into a higher tax bracket and then they actually lose money by working more. That's one thing I hate about this country(I would never want to live anywhere else though) is that you can be penalized for working really hard.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Yea it does suck, but I alter my taxes periodicly to give them the penis in return. I just have em take out extra $$$ weekly so it evens out.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I found a link in an old post that took me to a tremec vibration thread on corral that a guy made a .25" spacer out of some steel. Sounds like a plan. Said he flipped tranny xmember, didn't have to massage holes (ah thank you) installed plate and voila!! I'm gonna install adj. Upper arms to further compensate for pinion angle since my car is lowered 2"

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
white95 said:
I found a link in an old post that took me to a tremec vibration thread on corral that a guy made a .25" spacer out of some steel. Sounds like a plan. Said he flipped tranny xmember, didn't have to massage holes (ah thank you) installed plate and voila!! I'm gonna install adj. Upper arms to further compensate for pinion angle since my car is lowered 2"

If the original poster in that thread was "silversmith82" then be aware that he later got the vibes back and had to slot the x member and set the DS angle properly to fix it for good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online