Trick Flow engine kit

joefelly3888

Reaction score
alright well im thinking about addind the trick flow top end kit to my car. Has anyone on the board used this kit? and what else would i need to purchase in order to put this setup on? what other things would you recommend when i buy this kit?

stang94X

Reaction score
an intake elbow, i think that kit comes with all the hardware and gaskets you need and chances are a computer tune when your done, but just some stuff that will make it better but not needed to install the kit are 24# injectors, adj fuel pressure regular, 75mm TB, 76mm C&L mass air, and a set of longtube headers

OP
OP
J

joefelly3888

Reaction score
what kind of intake elbow?? I was on summit looking at the kit and it suggested an egr plate.. is that the same thing? and could i go with maybe 36 pound injectors or would that be too much? also, is it worth getting an intake spacer.. would it fit underneath my stock hood?

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
It fits perfect under a stock hood. I would definantly get the spacer. You need the elbow or convert to fox style(recommended since you are changing the top end). I would also recommend 30lbs injectors for NA engine. You are looking at 275-315rwhp depending on the car and tune. For what you are going to spend you may be happier with a vortech.

stang94X

Reaction score
joefelly3888 said:
what kind of intake elbow?? I was on summit looking at the kit and it suggested an egr plate.. is that the same thing? and could i go with maybe 36 pound injectors or would that be too much? also, is it worth getting an intake spacer.. would it fit underneath my stock hood?

the intake elbow is what lets sn-95 throttle bodys be used on the intake (aka Throttle body adapter), an egr plate is for 86-93, unless you do a fox throttle body swap onto a sn-95, 36# injectors are a bit of overkill for this kit unless you have nitrous or a supercharger going with it, 24 or 30#injectors would be good, but with any higher flow injector you'll need a mass air to match it and a fuel pressure regulator is recommended but not needed to install fuel injectors, and really the only thing an intake spacer really does is lets you raise the intake to fit a higher valve cover on, theres no real power difference with or without a spacer, a 3/8" spacer will fit under the hood, i'm not sure about the 1" spacer, but with a spacer you might have problems with the clearance of the throttle body and air intake pipe fitting under the strut tower brace, i cant even have the brace on my car cause of it and i only have the 3/8" spacer and at the end of it all when your done with it is a hit and miss kind of thing with 94/95 computers on if the car is going to run great or if its going to run like crap cause of the cam, so a custom dyno computer tune is recommended, for my car it ran like crap so i had to have a computer tune but i know people with mustangs that did a whole H/C/I and ran perfect, even if it runs good a computer tune is still great to have done, i'm bias towards SCT, so a custom SCT tune would be great

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
A guy i know got that kit for his '95 Mustang GT and had a few fitment problems. He said the intake wouldnt clear without a spacer and for that he needed a taller hood, not sure why that would be though? He also mentioned the alternator or bracket hit the valve cover. From what I've seen, you can piece together a better setup and make more power for similar money.

OP
OP
J

joefelly3888

Reaction score
A guy i know got that kit for his '95 Mustang GT and had a few fitment problems. He said the intake wouldnt clear without a spacer and for that he needed a taller hood, not sure why that would be though? He also mentioned the alternator or bracket hit the valve cover. From what I've seen, you can piece together a better setup and make more power for similar money.

what other kind of setups could i run??? I really dont wanna throw a supercharger on cause i have stock heads and i just wouldnt really see a point in doing that. What about doing all forged internals at first? I wanna build a strong motor so i figured doing the top end first would be best. I also dont really wanna mix and match parts just cause this kit is very convenient

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
with stock heads you will still out power a hci car with just a blower. I would recommend get a vortech and a intake, maybe a pulley when you have the money for fuel and spark upgrades. the block will go before stock internals with a good tune.

OP
OP
J

joefelly3888

Reaction score
I was looking on stage3motorsports.com and i noticed a 331 stroker kit for the 302 and its only around 1000 with free shipping. But if i do this wouldnt i have to get h/c/i anyway? I know i will probably make alot of power with all of this but its alot more money? anyone run this 331 stroker kit? what h/c/i would i need for this to run right??

brian95

Reaction score
I HAVE THE TRACK HEAT KIT ON MY 95 AND YOU WILL HAVE TO USE A 3/8 SPACER BECAUSE THE THROTTLE BODY ADAPTER WILL
HIT THE TALLER VALVE COVERS. I HAVE A COBRA R HOOD SO DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE HOOD CLEARENCE. I ALSO HAVE A MAC
SHOW STRUT TOWER BRACE AND IT FITS BUT REAL CLOSE IN BACK CORNER OF INTAKE.

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
i have the track heat kit as well...with #24 injectors, 1inch intake spacer, and all other supporting mods....at first i had an issue with stalling but it got sorted out (distributer hold down bolt kept coming loose). Now it runs perfectly with no tune and no egr...idle is rock solid and it has awesome power..no complaints :banana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online