For Sale Trick Flow Heads with custom cams- half price sale

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
2000 miles on a set of 38cc heads with 120 pound springs and custom Bullet Cams.
they are dirty but perfect, some carbon on the chambers but sealing surface is perfect with NO scratches. PCV catch can blew an O ring so that is where the carbon came from, more pictures on that when I take them.
Here are the cam caps which is the critical surface to check, the cam card and pics of the heads when new. more to come.
IMG_1498-D.jpg

IMG_0948-D.jpg

IMG_1451-D.jpg

IMG_1450-D.jpg

This engine makes 374 -394 HP depending on what multiplier you use. I have 2 engines and NASA TT is limited to 250 RWHP for the next class I am going to try so it is easier to use my other engine than trying to reduce the power on this one.

Notthenow

Reaction score
Hey Old H2S, I'm interested. Are the ports stock? I assume cam rpm range is about 2500 to 6500? Would it be reasonably streetable with a T45?
Thanks, Mike

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, the ports are stock Pi sized ports, the runners are 2" longer and this is where the extra volume comes from. The chambers are CnC cut with the cutting going down the ports about 1" at a 70 degree taper with big valves. I will have more pictures as I clean up the heads.
The Bullet Cams I have are just right for the street or road racing and this is my third set so I have them dialed pretty good and this set is made for Trick Flow heads since the intake valve is on the other side, regular cams lose about 20% power so the cam must be made for TF heads. Here is a vid of the heads and cams in a quick blast to 100 mph. I would put the RPM range 1500-6000 with stock Pi intake. I do have an Edelbrock manifold for sale that would go to 7000 RPM
I have a stock crank that has been balanced and polished cheap.
I have Manley Ford SVT rods with new small end bushings.
I have ARP fasners but you might want new since they never wear out I am not giving them away.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I run stock exhaust here in commie land Maryland so the video doesn't sound wild but look at the tach and speedo rise!

Notthenow

Reaction score
Yeah when you drive a Mustang gray hair helps with them! Not to be a little slow, but essentially the heads are unmodified from Trick Flow or the little cnc was after the fact? I know you said they are streetable, but want to make sure. This will be a daily driver with a/c in Tucson. I'm shooting for 350 to 375 crank hp. I do have a T45 and put 3.73 gears in as well.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
These are stock 38cc, 120 pound, street heads. Do your homework on CR and DTP-distance to piston clearances. I ran this with -16cc pistons with good clearance at 10.5:1 CR, but your milage may vary. Clay is your friend, check twice.

Notthenow

Reaction score
Ok, based on that I'm in. I am relatively new to this forum and don't see a provision for PM's. Can we finalize details, payment, shipping etc. How can I contact you directly and go from there?
Mike

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0055-D.jpg

IMG_0059-D.jpg
IMG_0057-D.jpg

IMG_0058-D.jpg

IMG_0054-D.jpg

This is why this forum is important, How many of you have ever heard of Carbon-X ??
This stuff works well, much easier, still need lots of elbow grease but much faster than anything petroleum based. No smell, no burning skin, no etching of the surface, wish I found this 50 years ago. just soak and keep wet and rub every 30 minuets. Look at the dirty picture, that is thick burned in carbon .060 thick, I would have to get these hot tanked with caustic stuff that tears up the polished surface. I have plenty left if anyone wants the rest of the gallon. I got the best price at Sky Geek.com a place that sells aircraft stuff.

joe65

Reaction score
I'd be interested in the heads if you haven't sold them. Thanks. Joe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online