Trick flow intake

1994gt

Reaction score
I just bought a used trick flow track heat intake from a buddy off his foxbody that had 2k miles on the intake for $250. I also bought the trick flow elbow adapter as well. My first question is do I need that 1"ish egr tube spacer? It says they are needed for the edlebrock and another brand but not trick flow. Anyone have any experience with this?

Second question is the motor has 120k miles on it and for now I'm just doing the intake swap. Heads and cam is down the road but not in the near future. What kind of hp numbers will I see by swapping this intake on my car without doing Dyno tune and then what would I see if I got it dyno tuned?

i know some will say just wait and do it all at once but I don't want to have this intake staring at me in my garage for a year or so til I do the heads.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
It should just bolt on. No spacer need it for egr.. doubt you will notice any increase in power. .

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
It should be a nice little upgrade from stock, but if I were you i'd try to get some crane 1.7 rocker arms, and a bit of bolt ons. Should get you to the 220-240 rwhp range.

OP
OP
1994gt

1994gt

Reaction score
Guess I forgot to include I have bbk cai, bbk 70mm throttle body, bbk shorties and x pipe along with flowmasters.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
It will be nominal gains even with the cai and tb etc because it all stops flowing once you hit the heads

cobra head

Reaction score
I think u will lose power due to the intake being to BIG for the heads

OP
OP
1994gt

1994gt

Reaction score
Please explain how I will lose power? That doesn't make sense to me. Any more comments on this?

spank 141

Reaction score
I wouldn't put it on the car until u got the heads and cam. A track heat intake is good from 1500rpms to 6500rpms too high of a rpm range for a stock 5.0. Trickflow recommends the street heat intake for bolt on cars its range is 0rpms to 5500rpms.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, these guys have pretty much covered it. Because the ports on the stock heads are so small, all the air running in from the intake get bottlenecked, trapped up in the intake, and not shoving itself into the motor where it needs to be.

It ends up almost blocking the path, vortexing a bit, taking longer to push the same amount of air back through the heads, than if there is a stock intake on, designed to take a little less air than the heads can handle to make it all run smoothly

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The blower overshadows the inefficiencies of the stock pieces. An intake manifold doesn't have the capacity to do that, like [MENTION=14656]Musturd[/MENTION] said.

However, a blower on stock parts at 10 pounds will make x amount of power
A blower on an h/c/I car will be able to run less boost and make more power (in most cases) because of the better flow

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.