trick flow stage 1 cam?

G

GREG@SN95

OnyxCobra said:
What i mean is the cam is not the 5.0s weak point, you will gain far more HP from upgrading the heads and intake than you will the cam, and any cam you use to gain HP with stock heads is probably going to be too small to make great power if/when you do upgrade the heads and intake. I just recommend doing it all at once and thus avoiding doing most of the work twice...

he doesn't want to do heads... so thats irrelavent

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
where do you find an $80 cam? He could probably just add 1.7 rockers and get HP gains without the headache from doing a whole cam swap.

G

GREG@SN95

OnyxCobra said:
where do you find an $80 cam? He could probably just add 1.7 rockers and get HP gains without the headache from doing a whole cam swap.

oops... meant 180 bucks... whatver...

If I was him I'd do the H/C/I swap as well...

But the cam will add power and sound... and that might be enough... I know a few people that threw a lopy cam in their cars... didnt make huge powr gains... but their exhaust sounded kick ass...

So, I'm not sure exactly why he wants to do only the cam... but he does...

BTW... where do you get gt40 heads for cheap?

snoball

Reaction score
Ive seen a few sets on the corral for around 350 ported. Or you can do what some local gusy around here did and get them off the explorer motors and do the port work yourself (cheap and easy if you take your time). My local board always seems to have a pair up some time or another.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
i gotcha.

A guy on the other forum I'm on just bought a whole Explorer motor for $350, which includes basically a cobra intake and also better-than-cobra heads for a pretty good buck.

G

GREG@SN95

OnyxCobra said:
i gotcha.

A guy on the other forum I'm on just bought a whole Explorer motor for $350, which includes basically a cobra intake and also better-than-cobra heads for a pretty good buck.

what year explorer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online