Trick Flow top end engine kit, how much power would it produce?

McCloud

Reaction score
Lee12609 said:
McCloud said:
I made 316/301 with the Trick Flow 44cc heads, Trick Flow intake, 75mm TB, CMS Stg III turbo cams, and BBK shorty headers on a 9.0:1 323 cu. in shortblock through a stalled automatic. I think it would've been possible for me to make 350rwhp had I run higher compression, used some large duration high lift NA cams, and used my old longtubes.

thats over 350 with a manual trans, but how high was you revving to get them numbers???

dynograph.jpg

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
Whats a turbonator and how can I get one of these bad boys?

Lee12609

Reaction score
nice numbers mcloud, i would have guessed alot more RPM to get there through the auto.

army35m, i am pretty sure he is talking about turboing your stock motor.....

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
Who makes a turbo for our cars though I can't find one.

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
what the crap dude those stupid little things you stick in the intake dont work! Thats as about a good idea as an electric supercharger or electric turbo, they do more harm than good.

navarro98gt

Reaction score
army35m said:
what the crap dude those stupid little things you stick in the intake dont work! Thats as about a good idea as an electric supercharger or electric turbo, they do more harm than good.

There being sarcastic dude.

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
I just saw you have almost 300hp at the wheel, how much different does it feel than stock and are you satisfied with it?

navarro98gt

Reaction score
army35m said:
I just saw you have almost 300hp at the wheel, how much different does it feel than stock and are you satisfied with it?

Feels way different then stock. Ran a 15.1 stock and 12.72 as it sits now.... night and day difference.

No I'm not satisfied, and I don't think I'll ever be satisfied.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
justin you do kn0ow their test mule made 385 last year with their heads and stage 2 cams with stock upper and t/b right? ....

wasnt that 385 ENGINE HP....aka, low 300s at the wheels with a manual

Im going by what ive seen and if he throws that top end kit on there he will be lucky to see much more than 300 rwhp with an auto

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
navarro98gt said:
army35m said:

Feels way different then stock. Ran a 15.1 stock and 12.72 as it sits now.... night and day difference.

No I'm not satisfied, and I don't think I'll ever be satisfied.

Nobodys ever satisfied...when your running 14s, you think 13s would be fast and awesome, you start running 13s and you want 12s....you start running 12s and you still think your slow.

Its never ending.

My car is doing low 12s on street tires @ 117-118 mph, probably would do mid 11s all day on some decent tires and I still want more

OP
OP
S

SBSVT

Reaction score
Ok so what if I go with a PI swap and cams and the bolt ons such as headers, ud pulleys, CAI intake, etc and a good tune then could I hit 300rwhp? I want something that is easily an everyday driver, yet is fun to take out and hit those back curvy roads.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
army35m said:
Ok so what if I go with a PI swap and cams and the bolt ons such as headers, ud pulleys, CAI intake, etc and a good tune then could I hit 300rwhp? I want something that is easily an everyday driver, yet is fun to take out and hit those back curvy roads.

With a pi swap, full bolt ons and a nice set of stg 2 cams or something people make close to 300 rwhp...but your also an auto so you may make a bit less

Lee12609

Reaction score
start with the basics, gears, intake, exhaust.... those parts will interchange no matter what build you do so just start there.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Lee12609 said:
start with the basics, gears, intake, exhaust.... those parts will interchange no matter what build you do so just start there.

thats not really true at all...your intake will be worthless if he gets a blower, gears should be determined by setup.

If he stays n/a and goes with that high revving trickflow stuff he should go with some 4.10s-4.30s, with a blower I would say to stay with 3.73s

Lee12609

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Lee12609 said:

thats not really true at all...your intake will be worthless if he gets a blower, gears should be determined by setup.

If he stays n/a and goes with that high revving trickflow stuff he should go with some 4.10s-4.30s, with a blower I would say to stay with 3.73s

i should have been more specific. when i say intake i mean throttle body, plenum, and PI manfifold (unless he is thinking about the complete trick flow kit), i wouldnt recommend a CAI to anyone as indecisive as this guy. nor this early in the game for him, the stock tube can support 300whp without a problem.

gears, well, in 1 of his other 3 threads basically asking the same things we talked about a centri charger, so gears could be done now, he doesnt plan on dragging the car based on what he's said so gears would be interchangeable N/A or centri since 3.73s or 4.10s would be fine for daily driving and the occasional track day.

exhaust, yeah, pretty much the same unless he magically makes a thread about turbo's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Staff online

Members online