trickflow intake in new summit catalog

ripper

Reaction score
Get a reichard racing intake 1400 bucks and get real hp gains. Even the trickflow plenums suck. Always have problems with leaks. I can imagine what this thing is gonna do. Its the same ole story. If you wanna play you gotta pay. HP=$

OP
OP
S

svtboy

Reaction score
Midnight_Cobra said:
svtboy said:
scarface said:
dang, I thought that thing was going to be under 500 bux?

You cant even buy a 5.0 intake under $500. most are around 500-600 range new.

Yes you can, most intakes are under 500.

you better look again... a 5.0 intake is $500-600 new we arent talking used here

OP
OP
S

svtboy

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
It still hasn't been released yet...still just another intake coming soon until its actually done and it has been pushed back again to late spring.

It is released you can buy it from summit. look in there new catalog.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
NA, you really dont need a new one. the PI is fine. Unless you just wanna drop 900 bucks?

Outlaw97GT said:
10-20 more hp over a PI intake?

So for 800.00 for an intake and 100.00 for PI cams. Thats 900.00 and the PI kits are 1350.00, You could get 5-10 hp over a PI swap and save 350.00 and not raise your compression.

Just and idea......Discuss

Outlaw - it's for PI heads, it won't fit the NPI's :(

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
svtboy said:
DropTopPony said:
It still hasn't been released yet...still just another intake coming soon until its actually done and it has been pushed back again to late spring.

Call up and order one...if you can have it by next week i'll pay you double for it. I know that won't happen because the intake hasn't even been 100% finalised yet. Just because its in the catalog dorsn't mean anything. They are hoping it will be done soon so just incase it will be in all the right places to order...Edelbrock has had their 4.6 intake in the catalog since last year...know anyone who has one? me either...because it hasn't been released yet either.

OP
OP
S

svtboy

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
svtboy said:
DropTopPony said:

Call up and order one...if you can have it by next week i'll pay you double for it. I know that won't happen because the intake hasn't even been 100% finalised yet. Just because its in the catalog dorsn't mean anything. They are hoping it will be done soon so just incase it will be in all the right places to order...Edelbrock has had their 4.6 intake in the catalog since last year...know anyone who has one? me either...because it hasn't been released yet either.

Just called summit to order it, and your right they said it wont be available till april. I asked them why they have it in the catalog if you cant order it and they said it was suppose to be available now but they didint meet there target date. Sounds like to me they put it in the catalog to see how many people call and try to order before they commit to selling it.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yup, they want to create a buzz about it...thats why it was in 5.0 magazine a few months ago with a picture and specs and early 07 release date etc etc...but it has been pushed back like 3 times because they supposedly overlooked a huge flaw in the design. That flaw is the placement of the alternator, where it currently is relocated you can't mount your Supercharger!!! that is a big flaw since 99% of the people who want it have blowers because this intake won't be a good investment on most NA cars...so i think they are dealing with that.

Whistler98

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe they will have gains at 1500 rpm. It seems like all the aftermarket intakes just give us power at or near 6,000 rpm.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Pay to play???? WTF I pay all the time and let me tell you 1400 bucks for an intake is completely stupid. I wouldn't pay 1400 bucks for an intake for not 20 horsepower gain period. I would spend 1400 bucks on a really nice nitrous setup before I pay that much for an intake.

Armydad

Reaction score
Hey,

In my honest opinion I dont think anybody is going to come out with an intake that makes big gains. I think Ford pretty much got it right
with the PI manifold. It's big downside is that it is plastic, but performance wise it doesnt leave alot of hp on the table.. If it were metal, I
dont think anyone would consider spending $600+.
The HPS manifold is nice because it gains a few ponies, its metal, nicely finished and cheap compared to the other options.

jpajkos

Reaction score
If your looking to stick n/a I would say the PI is good. But for guys who like Nitrous and want a blower im sorry but I would bank on a metal intake to make sure it doesn't blow. I've read about the PI intake's just going "kaboom" with forced induction and nitrous.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online