Tricks and hints

Hicks

Reaction score
Okay 94-95 guys! If yall could, tell me some tricks to make homemade Horspower. Im putting all my money into my new engine and tranny but in the mean time id like my stang to have alittle more pep. if you know some cool tricks or tips on racing or enything helpfull to make it go alittle faster or quicker let me know.

What i heard recently is i coul take the silencer off my air filter *i gues that means the box around it* and just have the k&n and it would help alot. Is this true? and what is the silencer exactly?

Little help would be nice... i dun wanna have to :google2:

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Nothing you can do for free is going to make any difference that you can tell. So just wait it out for your new engine. Some people will tell you to bump the timing up and more but you won't be able to tell a difference power wise. Atleast I didn't.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
Nothing you can do for free is going to make any difference that you can tell. So just wait it out for your new engine. Some people will tell you to bump the timing up and more but you won't be able to tell a difference power wise. Atleast I didn't.
Agreed

Nacho

Reaction score
I disagree with you guys. My vert was a big fat pig before I played with the basic stuff. I did a full tune up, fuel filter, plugs, wires, cap, rotor and put my timing at 14* and it felt way stronger. I could actually do a burnout! :nonono: This may not be completely free, but it's fucking cheap and you NEED to do it anyway. Besides this, weight reduction is the next best thing. O0

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Whos to say he hasn't done a complete tune up? He is asking for MODS. I know when I buy a car the first thing I do is a complete tune up.

Nacho

Reaction score
which is why I wrote is wasn't free but cheap.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Nacho said:
I disagree with you guys. My vert was a big fat pig before I played with the basic stuff. I did a full tune up, fuel filter, plugs, wires, cap, rotor and put my timing at 14* and it felt way stronger. I could actually do a burnout! :nonono: This may not be completely free, but it's fucking cheap and you NEED to do it anyway. Besides this, weight reduction is the next best thing. O0

EXACTLY.

If you have a 5 speed....do yourself a favor...teach yourself how to powershift. Its hard on a stock T5 but you wanna drop a couple tenths REAL quick, learn to shift with the pedal on the MAT! I went from a 14.8 to a 14.6 with this. A PVC pipe CAI (all of $20 at home depot) and removing the stock catback ENTIRELY and (its not free but) Underdrives put me at 14.2 on a bullshit 275 40 R 17 Goodyear Eagle F1. People laugh but that shit WORKED. You can scoff at 4/10ths of a stock car for a lil over a 100 bucks.

Bumping the timing DOES work. You ass dyno is about as accurate as your sister throwing for a 50 yard touchdown with her left hand. Take it to the TRACK and do back to back runs. You may not see a difference in the Elapsed Time as its hard to run the SAME back to back everytime but I'd bet money that you pick MPH....MPH = HP. Take that as fucking GOSPEL.

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
dude can i realy do that with my air intake? id so do that lol... give me alittle more detail haha... ill go rig that junk up :D

When i got the car the fallowing was already done, but the car was in horrible shape

Msd Ignition and wire set - new plugs
o/r h pipe with 2 chamber mac exhaust *2 intch*
lowered
she did have 245/275
but nmow its 245 front and back on some better tires
k&n filter
and thats it i think

My dad taught me how to powershift, me and him have raced everything sense i was little, so powershifting was natural... especialy after having a 2 stroke dirtbike and racing for a few years *HoleshotHicks* ^_^
BUT... i have an automatic.... which blows... but we r going to stall/shift kit it probly... or go with a t5 depending on what we do with the new engine

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
I timed myself the other day 0-60
i got this girl in high 6's
i did it 3 times
7's
high 6's
and another high 6's
thats not to bad for an automatic??

i love my Jessi brooke :p

r_suh

Reaction score
the air silencer is a rubber tube that runs from your air filter box into your fenderwall. its pretty easy to pull out and i didn't really notice a huge gain in power but felt that the power gain was there. and better yet it was a free mod.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hicks said:
i did it 3 times
7's
high 6's
and another high 6's

thats not bad at all for a automatic

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Hicks said:
i did it 3 times
7's
high 6's
and another high 6's

thats not bad at all for a automatic

Thanks, i figured it being mainly stock.. and the loss of hp from automatic i did pretty good
i mean if enything im off by probly .3 seconds? so i could be 7 flat but i think i got it right. nice of you to say tho

OP
OP
H

Hicks

Reaction score
r_suh said:
the air silencer is a rubber tube that runs from your air filter box into your fenderwall. its pretty easy to pull out and i didn't really notice a huge gain in power but felt that the power gain was there. and better yet it was a free mod.

hmm... mines covered thats for sure... but its got this small hole you can see the filter through lol... i wanna just do the pcp pipe thing ^_^ but ill remove the silencer for now

G

GREG@SN95

just buy a set of 4.10s and nitrous... ya'll be quite happy

Demolisher

Reaction score
ya it sux i have an auto to , gve some pics bout that pvc pipe thing , but waht do u do with the mass airflow sensor????? good tips keep it up plz lol

Demolisher

Reaction score
also if i bump up my timeing to 14 would it affect my cars power in anyway even though my cars pratically stock...

G

GREG@SN95

Demolisher said:
also if i bump up my timeing to 14 would it affect my cars power in anyway even though my cars pratically stock...

yes... and if you bump the timing you need to run high octane

ryclef331

Reaction score
http://www.allfordmustangs.com//Detailed/50.shtml

You ain't gotta use steel for the straight piece. I used PVC Pipe for the whole setup. They say you need a "MAF Adapter." I ended up figuring out a way to chop up the stock air box to get a cone filter on the end. It wasn't pretty but I got it.

Also when you're in there working with the MAF...rip out the screen. MAKE SURE you get all the lil strands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online