"Tricks" for 96 SN95

Colossus

Reaction score
I know a guy that is having some work done to his car. The guy doing the work told him that he would install 4.56 gears, a JLT intake, shorten the intake runners, port the intake, tune, and do some "tricks." Heres the thing, he won't say what the "Tricks" are. So we are curious. Any ideas? The car is also on longtubes, ORX, and SLP LM1.

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
that sounds super sketch...
i would never take my car to someone that wouldnt tell me what theyre going to do. my guess would be nitrous, but like i said i wouldnt do it.
"tricks" could mean steal the airbag

OP
OP
C

Colossus

Reaction score
I don't think its anything like that. We all know the guy personally and know where he lives. He's just one of those, "You can't look under my hood," kind of guys. He swears he has all these big "mod motor secrets," that make more power and stuff.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Make sure he doesn't take too much off the short runner.

Blind

Reaction score
probably deleting IMRC plates and porting them, I did that to mine and it feels great with 4.30 gears.

Also, the tune with ~26* timing would be a neat trick, gives way more power under the curve.

OP
OP
C

Colossus

Reaction score
I'm sure the IMRC's are going away. Guess I just took that for granted, lol. So does 26* not make the best peak to peak and help under the curve? Or just improve everywhere?

Cookieman00x

Reaction score
Colossus said:
Define "too much".

More than 1.5 inches unless they have bell ends... If the guy cant tell him what he's doing to the car for "tricks", I wouldnt let him near it. Sounds like some BS to me.

98coop

Reaction score
Port the t/b and intake. imrc's and timing. nothing too secretive

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online