Tried the IAC mod

S

sa96vertgt

By the way, this is an awesome forum you guys have here! Anyhow, I've been having a problem with my rpm's hanging around 1800-2000 for several seconds and then dropping down to 1100 (note: I put some u/d pulley's and a new tensioner on a few weeks ago). I read on here that you can modify the gasket on the IAC. I did that (made sure to disconnect the neg. terminal) and the rpm's still hang at like 1300 for several seconds and then drop to about 1000. After driving it for around 15min, the check engine light came on. Although it's idling a lot better now, it's still idling too high. Any suggestions on why the CEL came on or why it's still idling high? The new hole in the gasket is pretty small, so I don't think it needs to be smaller. Thank you much for the help!

voidfinger

Reaction score
i bought a plate before and the hole was to small and the car would idle higher and it pulled "auto" at the stop light and i couldn't hardly hold it and it would load the tires...... opened it up and it was to big and it did like stock. I've seen people open it up a small bit and it was great. Good luck

S

scarface

what is the code? it sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online