trouble deciding on intake

Z28 This

Reaction score
well im going with AFR 165s and 1087 cam..im needing to get a upper/lower intake and im not sure which one will work best with my combo...what do you guys think?....explorer,trickflow(track heat or street),edelbrock,typhoon,cobra, or i dont really wanna fork out cash for a holley systemax seeing there around 400 used and almost 600 new but i will if itll work the best...forgot any?

cobra4978

Reaction score
i'm a big fan of trickflow i think they build an awesome intake i would go with the street but just my .02

Downshift

Reaction score
Cant go wrong with a GT40. Even a ported cobra, you can find those pretty cheap. And they would be a good match. Whats goin on with that KB?

rob10s2

Reaction score
my friend has 165's, he runs a tfs track heat, it pulls so hard from 1500-6250. I would buy that

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
dont waste your time on the street heat the track heat pulls stong right through 6000 O0.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
how about edelbrock :boink:

The rpm is good for a mild....and I mean MILD car but those 165 will be pushing the limit on it. The track heat and systemax are GREAT street mani's that make good power down low and will still pull hard up top.

OP
OP
Z

Z28 This

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Cant go wrong with a GT40. Even a ported cobra, you can find those pretty cheap. And they would be a good match. Whats goin on with that KB?

im going a diff direction..wanting a all motor beast

OP
OP
Z

Z28 This

Reaction score
i email trickflow and heres what they said:

If you want more low end torque use the street intake. You
will make about 20 more ft lbs. of torque with that intake
over the track heat intake.

Gregg Changet
Trick Flow Specialties
Technical Advisor
E-mail: [email protected]
Ph# 330-630-1555 ext. 6738
Fax# 330-630-5565

so street heat it is!! :naughty:

jbeez

Reaction score
don't know if you're interested but I have a brand new TFS street intake in black still in the box also with a spacer kit for it that I'm selling for $375 plus shipping or you can pick it up for no shipping :D I'm just a little north of philadelphia. I didn't wanna post anything like for sale because im fairly new here but I am selling this on another board and I just thought this was the right time to eek it in :p

94yellowgt

Reaction score
I vote for the GT40 intake and have the lower ported. My mods and numbers are in my sig and my intake is untouched. I did open the throttle body inlet alittle with a drimel tool but the lower is untouched.

OP
OP
Z

Z28 This

Reaction score
jbeez said:
don't know if you're interested but I have a brand new TFS street intake in black still in the box also with a spacer kit for it that I'm selling for $375 plus shipping or you can pick it up for no shipping :D I'm just a little north of philadelphia. I didn't wanna post anything like for sale because im fairly new here but I am selling this on another board and I just thought this was the right time to eek it in :p

thats exactly what i want a black one if you could hold out for awhile i would but i couldnt right as of now

jbeez

Reaction score
well its been sitting here for like 2 years so, I doubt it's going anywhere, its pretty cheap for a brand new one, I don't know why I don't get any bites, maybe too many big combos where I'm posting to have anyone interested :/

OP
OP
Z

Z28 This

Reaction score
if you can hold it for me till next month ill buy it...any pics?

jbeez

Reaction score
no pics but i can take some.... it doesn't even have finger prints on it yet, factory fresh brand new

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online