trouble deciding on intake

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
Snakebit said:
how about edelbrock :boink:

The rpm is good for a mild....and I mean MILD car but those 165 will be pushing the limit on it. The track heat and systemax are GREAT street mani's that make good power down low and will still pull hard up top.

I missed your post on this, I differ with your opinion this. The edelbrock intakes especially the RPM series are great intakes that can put out some serious numbers. The ports are not as large as the Holley intake obviously, but the holley is geared more toward Blown applications IMO anyway.

I ran a RPM I on my 91Gt and with Box stock Edelbrock heads and a 95 short block with a e cam made 311rwhp with NO TUNE.

97vertstang

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
ryclef331 said:
Snakebit said:
how about edelbrock :boink:

The rpm is good for a mild....and I mean MILD car but those 165 will be pushing the limit on it. The track heat and systemax are GREAT street mani's that make good power down low and will still pull hard up top.

I missed your post on this, I differ with your opinion this. The edelbrock intakes especially the RPM series are great intakes that can put out some serious numbers. The ports are not as large as the Holley intake obviously, but the holley is geared more toward Blown applications IMO anyway.

I ran a RPM I on my 91Gt and with Box stock Edelbrock heads and a 95 short block with a e cam made 311rwhp with NO TUNE.
311!!!!!
nice!!!!

jbeez

Reaction score
Z28 This said:
kk sounds good is it the lower and upper?

trickflow street heat intake in black powder coat with a phenolic spacer kit for it. These are both brand new in the box never installed, intake part number TFS-51511001 currently going for $454 from summit racing, and the spacer is TFS-51520007 and goes for $47. since i have no use for this spacer since I'm selling the intake I'm selling the intake for $375 and you get the spacer kit w/ it. I thought the spacer would be useful for clearing valve covers on the 95s. You're gonna need the "elbow" adapter though since I'm going to be using that, and the adapter is silver anyway, they sell black elbow adapters now from trickflow that would fit much better with this black intake.

Downshift

Reaction score
jbeez said:
Z28 This said:
kk sounds good is it the lower and upper?

trickflow street heat intake in black powder coat with a phenolic spacer kit for it. These are both brand new in the box never installed, intake part number TFS-51511001 currently going for $454 from summit racing, and the spacer is TFS-51520007 and goes for $47. since i have no use for this spacer since I'm selling the intake I'm selling the intake for $375 and you get the spacer kit w/ it. I thought the spacer would be useful for clearing valve covers on the 95s. You're gonna need the "elbow" adapter though since I'm going to be using that, and the adapter is silver anyway, they sell black elbow adapters now from trickflow that would fit much better with this black intake.

Could also switch to a fox body style set up too.

jbeez

Reaction score
Is it true you can't run a strut tower brace w/ the fox body TB conversion?

Downshift

Reaction score
jbeez said:
Is it true you can't run a strut tower brace w/ the fox body TB conversion?
Not sure. I bought a 90degree elbow that was the exact same size diameter as my Mac cold air intake, and just flipped the middle part around and made it fit, so with mine no way. I can see how you might be able to get it to fit though. I like having the fox set up so much more now its bad ass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online