Trouble starting after engine is hot

Austinx56

Reaction score
So it fires up cold fine but sometimes takes like 7 seconds with the key turned to fire up?
Replaced plugs wires, new dizzy, new starter, replaced coolant temp sensor, thermostat... car sits a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
upgraded like you had 19 lb and now have 24? Or just replaced/upgraded? If you switched the lb rating on the injectors did you get a tune or at the least a weighted maf?

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
upgraded like you had 19 lb and now have 24? Or just replaced/upgraded? If you switched the lb rating on the injectors did you get a tune or at the least a weighted maf?

Yes 24 and tuned and all
It fires up in half a second cold, but still giving me trouble hot... maybe tfi module?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it could be any number of things from the fuel pump getting hot and not supplying as much to the standard dizzy/tfi issues. I was having exactly the opposite problem and figured it out to be the voltage was dipping JUST below the threshold it needed to be at to start and it took a while to find/figure out. Still not sure I have it fixed really....

BigBore96

Reaction score
Try a better ground wire by the battery that bolts to the core support up top by the radiator on the drivers side.

So many hot start problems are linked to this little wire that gets old, corroded, and overlooked.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
Try a better ground wire by the battery that bolts to the core support up top by the radiator on the drivers side.

So many hot start problems are linked to this little wire that gets old, corroded, and overlooked.

This will be my next try thank you

najay

Reaction score
There are starting injector values (multipliers) that need to be changed when installing larger injectors. I had the same issue when i put 60lb injectors in.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
next time its hot, try turning the key on 2 times and waiting 6 secs to let the fuel pump prime. It could be getting hot and then not supplying enough fuel or pressure for a number of reasons.

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
next time its hot, try turning the key on 2 times and waiting 6 secs to let the fuel pump prime. It could be getting hot and then not supplying enough fuel or pressure for a number of reasons.

Thanks brother I haven’t had a chance to try all these Solutions yet but will definitely try this also!
Thanks again man happy holidays!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online