Trouble Starting

ui_cowboy

Reaction score
I have a 96 GT, some of the tiem it has a tough time starting, it will crank and crank bit nothing happens. once i get it started it will start right up. It also start's better if i use the auto start button. Any ideas what's going on? Also, is the auto start Stock factory or somthing put on aftermarket? Thanks

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
what auto start button? on the remote from the alarm or did someone install a start button in your car?

check your iac...it gets clogged up and will keep your car from starting and stall it out.
clean it with carb cleaner etc or just get a new one. Its an easy swap.

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
U

ui_cowboy

Reaction score
The auto start button is on the remote. there are 2 buttons one start's/stops the car i don't know what the other does and then there's a lock/unlock button and a button for the trunk.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't remember that being a Ford option back then so its probably aftermarket. I have one on my Alpine alarm...be careful using it when your car isn't working correctly. When my IAC went bad and i would use the remote start it would keep going through the start cycle and crankin it over but the car wouldn't start. That would happen for like 3 cycles or until i ran out and stepped on the brake to kill it.

Casper98gt

Reaction score
yeah there could be alot to do with it. A bad crank sensor would let it keep cranking and usually heatsoak has alot to do with it. The IAC problem if you ever think its that. turn the key to off, floor the gas and then try to start it. Pushing the gas pedal down will kill injector pulse and if its the IAC it will start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online