TRS Bi-xenon Projector Retrofit Update 2-8 boo yah B*tches

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's a nice line. gotta be so much better than pretty much all the HL's you can buy :)

OP
OP
W

Win

Legend
Reaction score
That's a nice line. gotta be so much better than pretty much all the HL's you can buy :)

the he quality is so amazing on these. The new Mini D2S I want to do in a OEM set of cobra lamps are even better offer a better cutoff and better color. I can't wait to do my first set of those.

can't wait to finish mine up.

get to it man. The safety aspect is amazing on these

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh hell yea win , I may have a extra set of oem cobra lights because I hoard things

410sn95

Reaction score
Looks good.

A word of advice to those planning on doing this. Try and use OEM housings and adjusters. Some ebay special's adjusters can strip out before you can get them optimal. Trying to get the cutoff perfect can result in some frustration with Chinese "Quality".

OP
OP
W

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Looks good.

A word of advice to those planning on doing this. Try and use OEM housings and adjusters. Some ebay special's adjusters can strip out before you can get them optimal. Trying to get the cutoff perfect can result in some frustration with Chinese "Quality".

Hmm mm well my reps didn't have any issues at all. If you don't rush it plan it out then you shouldn't have any issues!

410sn95

Reaction score
Hmm mm well my reps didn't have any issues at all. If you don't rush it plan it out then you shouldn't have any issues!

Right on, glad your's didnt! Look great too.

With the sets I have done, the best results were with the Ford housings and adjusters.

OP
OP
W

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Right on, glad your's didnt! Look great too.

With the sets I have done, the best results were with the Ford housings and adjusters.

i wanted to use cobra OEM headlights but also didn't want to chop up a set. They're very hard to find lately for a decent price. There are very very few people that are willing to undertake this simply bc everyone was trying to make a asinine amount of money off doing this. 700-1000 bucks for a set is ridiculous which is why I made this write up.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
same reason I decided to make my own. Bought heat gun and that was the only tool I needed and didn't have.

Suspect

Reaction score
been wanting to do mine. and if I screw something up ill be texting you. lol

OP
OP
W

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Haha I'm not going anywhere I've been laid up for a few days now as my sciatica is kicking my ass. Literally!

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Got the lenses off and pulled out the reflectors. I put them in a gas oven on 200deg for 25 min. I then went around the lens and housing and slowly and gently pried it apart. Its quite toasty also while doing this

Your thread has got me interested in doing something like this. Question for you: is there another way to separate the lenses from the housing? I do not have an oven with which to bake the lights. I do have a heat gun though...any other way of separating the lenses?

OP
OP
W

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Heat gun will work the same way. Just don't stay in one spot took long or you will melt it. You can also use a hair dryer.

Just slowly pry apart while using the heat gun.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I tried the hair dryer but it didn't work for me. Went out and got a heat gun and was amazed how easy they came off. After buying it I have used it for heat shrink a lot and when weld cast iron

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online