True dual exhaust photos, 94-98

shovel

Reaction score
In case anybody was curious about the Pacesetter dual exhaust adapter and how it all fits/works.. answer is awesome.

This is with the Holley Force-II catback (FM50 mufflers with heat shields)

IMG_20220816_180721_946.jpg
IMG_20220816_180457_744.jpg
Snapshot2.PNG

OP
OP
shovel

shovel

Reaction score
Thanks, I didn't see a lot of info about this anywhere but it's real low hanging fruit for the V6's since it doesn't require any welding and it allows the use of any GT catback system including an OE take-off.

The stock V6 exhaust necks down to a single 2" pipe which any internet exhaust calculator seems to agree flows enough for just about 140hp worth of engine before imposing much restriction. What constitutes "much restriction" of course is up for interpretation.

The cats and pipe before the Y are 2.25" and the Pacesetter adapter + catback are 2.5" so I think it's safe to say this is plenty for anything a naturally aspirated 3.8 will ever be doing.

I do have a race computer (Beltronics Vector FX2) and have recorded several "Before" 0-60 runs of 9.77 to 10.13 seconds, which old magazine car reviews confirm is about what they measured at the time. I've only done a couple preliminary runs since this was done because snow, in particular the stretch of road I did those previous runs is outside of town and slow to clear.

Butt-o-meter tells me it's a whole lot nicer above 3k RPM & these externally balanced V6's redline before 5k so there's only a limited amount of juice to squeeze up there.
tacho.png

The sound from the Force-II system is pretty good too, mellow with no drone. I kind of wish I had the $$ for a 2nd setup to put on my 5.0 that thing drones like crazy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shovel

shovel

Reaction score
Results are in, my best authentic time was 8.93 with the dual exhaust, vs my best authentic time of 9.77 in the same location with the stock exhaust. I did record a 8.65 but that was on a windy day at a different location with the wind behind me, doesn't count.

My typical/repeatable times before were low 10's and my typical after times were in the low 9's. Call it a bit less than a second.

Rev limit (where it actually cuts fuel/spark) on these cars is around 5100 rpm but it's still pulling a little bit when it hits that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online