True dual exhaust system

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Well I’m a little pissed of now. When I brought the car it was advertised as having a full Mac flow exhaust system from the longer tube headers to the tail pipes but now I’ve done some research I’ve found out that this was a lie. The long tube headers a very corroded so doubt they are MAC ones plus the mid section looks just like a stock H pipe which has been cut to fit and the rear section is unknown but the rear silences are flow masters
View attachment 4690 View attachment 4691

That sucks I’m sorry to hear that.

I had the flowmaster super 44s but went to stingers and didn’t look back. Absolutely love stingers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
I don’t actually know what stingers are.
At the moment I’m having a massive issue with MAC performance. I ordered my new long tube headers from them a week ago and except getting an invoice I’ve heard nothing more from them. I’ve sent a number of emails to every email address I can find for them but have had no reply. I’ve also had someone in the states call them, there are three phone numbers for Mac performance two of them are no longer in use and the third one just goes to a voicemail. I thought MAC performance was meant to be a good company.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
stingers are just a brand of muffler. You realize that chrome headers do not last for ever right? Even good brands eventually end up looking pretty ratty if they are driven. Unless you step into the ceramic coated and even then I have heard they last longer but can start to look bad as well. Can you see the brand badge on the headers?

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
I will look tomorrow when I’m back in work at my current headers to see if I can see the brand badge. The was told when I brought the car that it had Mac long tube headers and a pro Mac chamber exhaust system but the midsection has been change to a stock looking H pipe at some point in time. The old headers where working fine just look led rusty

BigBore96

Reaction score
stingers are just a brand of muffler. You realize that chrome headers do not last for ever right? Even good brands eventually end up looking pretty ratty if they are driven. Unless you step into the ceramic coated and even then I have heard they last longer but can start to look bad as well. Can you see the brand badge on the headers?
This is the truth.

You said your old headers work fine just are rusty. If it were me in your shoes I'd sandblast them and header paint them and call it a day. Especially with your MAC debacle

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didn't realize you had long tubes on already. Look around and see if there is anyplace doing ceramic coating in the country and for the price of blasting/coating you would probably be better off as long as you can live with out the headers for a week or two. I found a place to do my cobra intake here and while I was having them work for me I sent a set of plain headers in to have done. In not as they said blast them and just put some high temp black paint on them and it will look 100x better.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Well I removed the H section and don’t regret it at all. I’ve noticed no power loss although I don’t race the car and the over run crackle from the exhaust is amazing. Removing the H section has made the car sound so more aggressive and I love it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online