Trying to hit 300 rwhp N/A

GTfiveoh

Reaction score
Alrite guys im looking to hit 300 hp to the wheels N/A in a 94 GT. So far I the mods I have done are full exhaust header back, trickflow cylinder heads, trick flow intake manifold, trickflow stage 2 cam and 1.6 roller rockers, ford racing 30 lb injectors, 255 lph in tank fuel pump, MSD ignition and distributor, pro-m mass air flow meter. Next im thinking sr performance throttle body as well as a tune, would you guys recommend 70 or 75mm for the throttle body? I got dyno'd a few weeks ago and the best run I had was 253 to the wheels. what else would you guys suggest to try to hit 300?

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
lol wut? u got 253 rwhp with full exhuast and trickflow hci? Somethings really wrong here. You should be at around 290-310 rwhp

hottwheels04

Reaction score
yeah I would get your compression tested, you most likey have a bad motor sorry to scare you, I have similar setup and when it was healthy it made 330rwhp with pump gas safe tuneand 360rwhp with aggressive tune. and I went back to the dyno it was only making 295-300rwhp and I thought that was to low( and you got 250rwhp)
, and sure enough I had a leak down test and compression test done and it was running on only 6 healthy cylinders, had no compression, had to put new piston rings and valve seals/ valve job. 253rwhp is EXTREMELY low :(

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
could it be that im not tuned? now you have me concerned haha

for sure. if you're untuned your car is leaving a ton of power on the table, that thing should run pretty damn strong with that setup. Get a tune, as said you should be right near your goal.

if you're gonna get parts do them before the tune, 70mm TB should be plenty.

BOOOSTD

Reaction score
u shud be right there at the 300rwhp with a tune.....get the matching elbow/TB and call it good

RichV

Reaction score
Yes, you should be there with your setup.

I'm sure you could pull more power with a tune, but I've seen tune-less cars making 280-300 with GT40 top ends and a E303. 253 sounds WAY low, is it a sea level corrected #? My Fox made 245 with a GT40 intake, pulleys, 1.7RR, and stock E7 heads.

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Something is seriously wrong. If it is untuned, what is your base timing set at with spout out? Did you check your piston to valve clearance with that stage 2 camshaft? I've seen those tag a piston on a stock shortblock, then I've seen them work ok. What rockers are you running and what's the ratio? I would go with a 75mm throttle body, can't be too big. Do a compression test as mentioned, but answer these questions and I'll try to help you narrow it down. I tune cars for a living and have a dyno. What dyno was that measured on? dynojet or something else? That could be the issue as well, could be nothing wrong with your car, but just an inaccurate dyno. Also, tire pressure can vary hp by 40 or more hp on a dyno. They are just a tool, they can be skewed by the simplest crap.

OP
OP
GTfiveoh

GTfiveoh

Reaction score
Something is seriously wrong. If it is untuned, what is your base timing set at with spout out? Did you check your piston to valve clearance with that stage 2 camshaft? I've seen those tag a piston on a stock shortblock, then I've seen them work ok. What rockers are you running and what's the ratio? I would go with a 75mm throttle body, can't be too big. Do a compression test as mentioned, but answer these questions and I'll try to help you narrow it down. I tune cars for a living and have a dyno. What dyno was that measured on? dynojet or something else? That could be the issue as well, could be nothing wrong with your car, but just an inaccurate dyno. Also, tire pressure can vary hp by 40 or more hp on a dyno. They are just a tool, they can be skewed by the simplest crap.

hey guys sorry haven't been on here in a while. everything that was done to the car was previously done to it before I purchased it. I purchased it from an online auction from NC and had it shipped here. the mustang is currently put away for the winter so I most likely wont be dealing with any of this till the spring. so I cant answer all of your questions and ill be the first to admit I know a few things about mustangs that ive learned on here but im not mechanically inclined at all. All the information that ive stated came on a piece of paper with the car I have never had the engine apart. as far as I can see everything that is visible has been correct as far as intake heads exhaust ignition etc so I have no reason to believe that the rest of the list isn't true. It said it had a trickflow stage 2 cam and 1.6 roller rockers that's all that I know as far as that, never seen it but it definently sounds like it is cammed. As for the dyno it was done by a local mustang shop, they are good at what they do and have built some mean mustangs of their own there. I told the guy what I had done to my car before we got it on the dyno and he guesstimated it at 260. Maybe it is his dyno is running different to others and he is accustomed to what his dyno will tell him. As for how my car runs it runs very strong and seems like it has more than 253 HP. Or it could be the 3.73 gears because my old mustang was on stock gears so it might seem quicker to me. I can break it loose in 2nd and 3rd gear no problem. I can try and get a video of it running on here if you guys think that would help.

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Exactly, but if it was on a dynamite dyno, or a mustang dyno, or one of the many other dyno's out there, they may not show the hp we all are accustomed to seeing with his mods. Or it could be something completely different. Without the car in front of me it's just a guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online