trying to organize a group buy on hoods

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am wanting to put a different hood on my car. I would love to get carbon fiber but might just go for standard fiberglass if the price/style is right. If you are interested in a hood at a discount please put your name down and what style you are looking for. If we get enough interest I will approach some vendors/manf too see if any of them would be interested in selling a few for a discount. Group buys are new to this forum so please ask any questions you have and understand that while I am the mod of the electronics section that this is not being done on behalf of the forum - AKA: they are not responsible for any problems but I am doing this to try and help everyone so hopefully that will not be an issue.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely interested if the price is right.

I'm looking for a 2.5"-3.5" cowl hood / Cobra R hood.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that looks like 4 only a couple of hours hopefully it will keep going. I am not sure how many we need but when I get a good idea of how many are interested I will hit up some vendors and see what they say.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The only problem I see with this is shipping. Every hood is probably gonna go to a different state so it may end up being cheaper for me to pick one up here locally and not have to pay shipping. The group buy will have to make the total cost of the hood cheaper than one I can get without having to pay for shipping. We'll see what happens.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
this will all have to be worked out. I would assume a hood manf/vendor would have shipping worked out. obviously we can't all be at one place at one time.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
please copy this and put your name and what you want next to a number on the list so we can keep an easy to se tally.

1.) TTocs Carbon fiber cobraR
2.) Ferocious - 2.5"-3.5"cobraR
3.) Purple ZJ - CobraR
4.) 1bad9d5 - 3.5" cobraR

410sn95

Reaction score
3.) Purple ZJ - CobraR
5.) 410sn95 - stock

lutter94

Reaction score
I need a Cobra R. Always thought 3.5 was the standard one, anyone have pics comparing the two? This is the one I envisioned.
94-98mustang-cobra-r-hood.jpg

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
5 people possibly interested should not be to bad to work with if we can get everyone to convert when the time comes. Anyone have any leads on manf/dealers that would be good to hit up for this? I would love to keep it with the forum sponsors if we can but if not have no issue trying someone outside the forum.

410sn95

Reaction score
5 people possibly interested should not be to bad to work with if we can get everyone to convert when the time comes. Anyone have any leads on manf/dealers that would be good to hit up for this? I would love to keep it with the forum sponsors if we can but if not have no issue trying someone outside the forum.

So far vis is the only one with a stock profile hood that I could find.

Caboose302

Reaction score
3.) Purple ZJ - CobraR
5.) 410sn95 - stock
6.)Caboose302- 3.5" Cobra R

lutter94

Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the photo I posted is Cervini's 3.5". Been advertised that way for years. Not sure where the second is listed but it may be the 5" listed on American Muscle's site, definitely more than 3.5".....

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the photo I posted is Cervini's 3.5". Been advertised that way for years. Not sure where the second is listed but it may be the 5" listed on American Muscle's site, definitely more than 3.5".....

Cervinis has a very strange way of measuring hoods in that case. Their 3.5" looks tiny.
The picture I posted is Steve-Oh 's car. It's an HO fibertrends hood and it is definitely not 5".

This is a 5" cowl hood lol

9498mus5inchcus.jpg
9498mus2.jpg

5-inch Cowl Induction Bolt on Hood. Price=$475.00 Weight=16 Ship: Truck Freight.

lutter94

Reaction score
It's ridiculous, lol. AM's 5" is about half as tall as the one you just posted. So annoying....As long as we have pictures to pick from what we want, no one should be confused.....haha

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. It seems like every manufacturer measures them differently :dontknow:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online