trying to organize a group buy on hoods

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well I sent an pm to stage 3 but have not heard anything back. The hood latch brings up another good point, who will want hood pins of some type?

410sn95

Reaction score
I think any cf or aftermarket fiberglass hood needs pins. Seen what can happen when pins are not used with aftermarket hoods. It's not good...

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Man, I agree 100% I've watched my fiberglass hood dance around and I have a set of pins to install now.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
well the irony there then is the stock hood is fiberglass....

Lol this is true but I don't trust it with out pins , countless guys hoods have taken out there Windsheilds , isn't where the latch functions on the stock hoods metal and the rest glass

410sn95

Reaction score
well the irony there then is the stock hood is fiberglass....

Hence me saying aftermarket fiberglass hood...;)

On another note, I weighed my current CF hood the other day and a cut up stock hood (some structure and holes cut out for motor clearance). 7lb difference. I think I could cut more out of the stock hood, maybe another 2-3lbs but would consider hood pins mandatory...

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Oh hood pins are required. Having said that, I still want to also use the stock latch to keep prying eyes away in parking lots.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
well I sent an pm to stage 3 but have not heard anything back. The hood latch brings up another good point, who will want hood pins of some type?

I'm good with pins. The stang I'm getting already has them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
Fiberglass
Ram Air style aka Mach 1 style.
But not cervini, too high of a lift.
Been looking around so figure I'll hop on board because they are either outlandish, too high of lift, or the price made me worry it was gonna be crap.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I never did hear back from stage3. guess I will try a different vendor. Was hoping to keep it with one of the site sponsors...

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
Correction.
I'll go in for a buy for a Cervini Ram Air Hood.
Further research has led me to say Cervini ram air.
I found a picture someone took with a 3.5 raise, and it's about the same visibility loss as my 02 with the hood scoop.

So meh

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
What about that OEM Cobra R hood (HO Fibertrends, apparently).

what do you want to know about it? Sorry I have not been on this more but the past 2-3 weeks have been bad for my chrones. Just got out and now I am back again hooked up to an iv. I will use the time now too see if I can find someone interested.

again for ease of knowing what you want if you could quote the list above, put your name and what you want on it will make less of a chance of confusing or mixing things up.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok I sent out some more emails to cervini's, am muscle and again to stage 3. Keep yer fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online