trying to organize a group buy on hoods

410sn95

Reaction score
Just heads up, HO Fibertrends doesn't make CF hoods

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Dumb question, what's CF stand for? And I've been really really interested in HOs 3.5 hood, it's the one I've been looking at this whole time, id prefer to get that one, but let me know

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Again if you name is not n the list, please quote this post and edit out the quotes and put your name and what you want on it. It will make it much easier then going back through 4 pages of people/hoods to hope I/we/they do not mix them up or forget someone.

1.) TTocs - Carbon fiber cobraR
2.) Ferocious - 2.5"-3.5"cobraR
3.) Purple ZJ - CobraR
4.) 1bad9d5 - 3.5" cobraR
5.) 410sn95 - stock
6.) Caboose302 - 3.5" Cobra R
7.) Lutter94 - Cobra R
8.) G_94_T - 2.5" Cobra R
9.) mcglsr2 - Cobra R style, 1 3/4" to 2 1/4" MAX height, fiberglass, must use existing latch

I realize that some specific manf like HO and cervini do not make CF hoods which is why I would like to go through a vender rather then the manf directly. But with that being said with me being the only one interested in one if there is a better deal for the group through a manf over a vendor I will figure something out on my own so the group can still get the deal.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I want a 2000 cobra r hood. The same one as the sexy teal gt and sexy 95 rio red cobra
Does anyone know if it just comes in one size for cowl??

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

410sn95

Reaction score
I realize that some specific manf like HO and cervini do not make CF hoods which is why I would like to go through a vender rather then the manf directly. But with that being said with me being the only one interested in one if there is a better deal for the group through a manf over a vendor I will figure something out on my own so the group can still get the deal.

Kind of in the same boat. Only a few manufacturers (maybe only 1) make a CF stock profile hood. If the group gets a better deal with a manufacturer or vendor that doesn't carry one I can also figure out something on my own. No biggie.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I want a 2000 cobra r hood. The same one as the sexy teal gt and sexy 95 rio red cobra
Does anyone know if it just comes in one size for cowl??

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

I am sure there is more then one height on that style. Maybe [MENTION=18722]teal95gt[/MENTION] can help answer that question?

Kind of in the same boat. Only a few manufacturers (maybe only 1) make a CF stock profile hood. If the group gets a better deal with a manufacturer or vendor that doesn't carry one I can also figure out something on my own. No biggie.

Like I said hopefully we can find vendor that sell both and work it all out. Otherwise idunno maybe we can find another CF friend and see if we can get a deal with 2 or 3. I can't imagine they sell that many of them since I honestly have not seen a SN with a CF hood. Main reason I want it really...

teal95gt

Reaction score
I think the cobra 2000 R only comes in one size like 2 or 2.5" or something for the cowl unless I missed it saying other sizes available.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I actually sent out an email just yesterday about it. For some reason the vendors do not seem to want to respond. I though 8-10 of us would be enough to get some interest but dunno.

one_bad_s22

Reaction score
I am wanting to put a different hood on my car. I would love to get carbon fiber but might just go for standard fiberglass if the price/style is right. If you are interested in a hood at a discount please put your name down and what style you are looking for. If we get enough interest I will approach some vendors/manf too see if any of them would be interested in selling a few for a discount. Group buys are new to this forum so please ask any questions you have and understand that while I am the mod of the electronics section that this is not being done on behalf of the forum - AKA: they are not responsible for any problems but I am doing this to try and help everyone so hopefully that will not be an issue.

im very interested in a 3.5 cobra R hood fiberglass is fine with me my name is Richard and live in Texas

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not sure what to day as I thought we had enough to get some one interested but after 8-10 emails I only got one confusing response that I did not understand at all weeks after I sent it. When I tried to contact the person that responded I got no response then.

NERD

Reaction score
I'll jump in on an group buy for the right price. (Even before buying a car, lol.) HO Fibertrends still has my car on their site. :0) Their hood was as strong as they come and my painter said he had never prepared an easier hood. That said, the under side of the hood was not finished, nor is it meant to be.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought 10 people would be enough to at least get some interest. I am going to buy a CF hood in the next few months before paint one way or another...

1bad9d5

Reaction score
kinda disappointing that there isn't any interest.. this would of been huge to make happen

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've been putting off getting new rims for a hood. Sucks that no one is willing to work with us.

How many different companies have you emailed?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online