trying to organize a group buy on hoods

NERD

Reaction score
The only way I see this working is to have one person fronts (or collects cash for months ahead of time in preparation) the money for XX number of hoods, they collect them through their business and then spreads them out to us. Any other way the discount would be so minute it wouldn't matter much.

BTW, Why a CF hood? Most of the time it's just one layer of CF over other layers of Fiberglass. Which doesn't make any sense at all. Especially if you're just painting the hood. In fact most FG/CF hoods I've seen that actually did weigh less than FG hoods were less structurally sound. Even flimsy.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Did a group buy on meth kits and it wasn't a problem for an arranged discount for the people that ordered. Doesn't have to be that hard.

I am going to paint the edges and keep the center section raw and yes of course its just for the looks. Its not going too save any weight over the stock fiberglass or even an aftermarket. I considered just doing a vinyl wrap or painting it too look like it but would rather have the real thing.

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
You could form a written list of the people and then have multiple email them from the list showing the interest and potential money to be made.
But seriously, a company that doesn't want to make money? Bad business all around.

Or target a different company for the buy?

NERD

Reaction score
If looks are what you know you're going for, then you'll get no jeers from me.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that might work, I was just as surprised as anyone that it could not be arranged. I am sure they get hit up by people all the time wanting discounts, maybe a bunch of people from the same group doing it would help. Anyone else interested in sending an email or two out and how many are still interested? Lets try to do this again with some help from a few here. Please copy the start of the list(with my name) and tell what hood you want and YES/no you can send some emails out. We can organize which ones we want too try and hit and I think I have another interested in a hood from the source.
# Name Hood email yes/no?
1.) Ttocs carbon fiber 2001 cobra R maybe :)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)

1bad9d5

Reaction score
OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that might work, I was just as surprised as anyone that it could not be arranged. I am sure they get hit up by people all the time wanting discounts, maybe a bunch of people from the same group doing it would help. Anyone else interested in sending an email or two out and how many are still interested? Lets try to do this again with some help from a few here. Please copy the start of the list(with my name) and tell what hood you want and YES/no you can send some emails out. We can organize which ones we want too try and hit and I think I have another interested in a hood from the source.
# Name Hood email yes/no?
1.) Ttocs 2001 carbon fiber cobra R for 1994
2.) 1bad9d5 HO3.5" for 95
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can get the hood I want brand new for $350 with no shipping charge. If the group buy can provide me with a better deal, i'm still in.

3.) Ferocious Cobra R hood (2.5-3.5" cowl)

Probably not gonna bother sending an email though as communication is not my specialty.

one_bad_s22

Reaction score
has anyone tryied to contact someone thats has a busniess like DSM in Dallas its supossed to be the toys R us for late modle Mustangs

Caboose302

Reaction score
I'm still in

4.) Caboose302 3.5" Cobra R

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If anyone else has an idea of a place to try please list it and I will send them an email. If anyone has had good or bad experiences at specific sited for hoods it would be great to know as well.

410sn95

Reaction score
Sorry, I am out as of right now. Have a hood coming (crossing fingers). Had to pull the trigger as the car needs to be ready to roll next month.

Thanks, Good luck guys.

Caboose302

Reaction score
theres a local company that has hoods for 200 bucks... they need a LOT of prep though, lol. They're knock of Cervinis

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
4.) Caboose302 3.5" Cobra R[/QUOTE]
5.) musturd 00r hood for sn95

one_bad_s22

Reaction score
ok i told you wrong my bad its DM www.dallasmustang.com 1 800 687 8264 yall let me know what you think they got all kind of cool stuff online ive wanted to drive over there and check it out but ive been working 7 days a week

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
hell if its local too you that might be our best bet. If you get a chance check it out and ask how many we would have to have to get them interested.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online