trying to organize group buy on steering wheel wraps

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I asked before if anyone was interested in the forum making a group buy area and got some mixed reaction. I think it came down to the idea it would be cool if it worked but good luck! Well it can't hurt to try and I have worked with redline leathers before to know they do great work so why not try it out with them. They can do FR500 wraps or standard GT wraps and can even send you the leather to sew it on. I know it sounds crazy but the pics I have see show that the customer installed wraps look every bit as good as mine. He is also great for matching shift boots if you want to really be baller. So if your interested post up what you are interested in(FR500/standard GT/ect) and if you want him to do it or do it yourself For the FR500 I would assume he will need to do it to add the thumb grips but I might be wrong.

http://www.redlinegoods.com/Mustang9404shiftboot.php

It is not the cheapest alternative but I will say his quality to work and materials is top notch! If you compare it to what people are getting for FR500 wheels now, this is better materials that will last longer. I am sure can do the carbon fiber anniversary edition as well.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am partially interested. I would like my stock GT wheel wrapped in black leather with red stitching with the extra padding to make it thicker.
We don't need to send the steering wheel to redline for them to do this do we?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you are not getting the FR500 style he has a kit he can send you and you can do it yourself. I understand it takes a couple of hours but if you take some time the wraps I saw the customers do look as good as mine. He made the pattern from mine so I didn't have the option or I would have back then. The padding I highly recommend as it really makes it comfy. One of those things almost like my handles I don't consider it just holding the wheels as much as I like the feel, fondling is what I would call it...

chaos254

Reaction score
Any idea on pricing? I see the gt cost on the website but I would be more interested in the fr500

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
A do it yourself kit sounds interesting. I definitely can't pull my wheel off the car lol

Above118

Reaction score
id be interested depending on styles offered... for the fellas/ladies that cant take there wheel off and send it in bc they need to to daily drive... pick up a wheel from the junk yard,send that in and get it re wrapped...prob solved anddd still have your stocker. lol (thats my plan to do)

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if anyone doesn't want to wrap it themselves, or wants the FR500 style I can help you there. I bought an extra one to send to him so I could have it wrapped. The next day he wrote me and said he found one cheaper there then I did here, so it didn't pay to ship mine to him. So now I have my original GT wheel(leather wrapped) as well as a red V6 wheel(not wrapped) so if anyone needs a wheel I can hook you up.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
While I don't need a wrap I have a friend that is in the market for one. He is not online or on this forum but there is at least one more interested.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Is this what constitutes whether the wrap will be thick?

Wheel cover options: Padding(+$49)

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yes the padding will deterimin how thick it is. I did not see the thumb grip option that would be the FR500wheel. Shit I figured it would be a lot more then $50 for that price you can get a killer FR500 style wheel that the only difference is yours will feel better with newer/better materials...

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
hell for that price if no one gets my other extra wheel I will probably get it wrapped and throw it up on ebay. Can't sell it in the stock style but throw some carbon fiber on those thumb knobs and I know I could post it as a 10th anniversary reproduction and sell it quickly and make a few bucks on it.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Getting hard to keep up on who wants what. Copy this post with the list on it and put you name and what you want done. This is all still assuming that it meets your price, you still have the option to back out as this is just the initial post too see if it looks like we have enough interest.

1.) Ttocs's buddy and if no one buys my extra wheels, +1(maybe +2). So I guess I potentially could be good for three now

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have contacted the manf but there is still plenty of time. I would imagine that it could take a month or more just to get everyone organized, worked out what you want and the price for it. But again this is the first time we have tried to do it so there have been no dates set yet. Everything is still tentative and I would expect that even if we get everything hammered out that there would be someone that would drop out prior to actually paying/ordering. I am not going to get mad if people have to drop out later for a good reason but on the other hand if there is nothing more then a snowballs chance in hell that you would be able to afford it then please use your best judgement in signing up and and try to give us as much notice as possible when you need to drop out.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
My snowball chance is waiting on Corsa to call me and say "hey we're ready for ya" I just got back from my second interview this morning and they said that it could be 1-6 weeks, tho they are thinking 1-2 as of right now.... If that's the case I'm for sure going for the FR500... If I read the prices right it's $129? And what's the difference between the first pic and the rest of them? I like the fist pic a LOT but the rest of them look incredibly thick?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The really thick one is mine. I have to admit that at first it didn't strike me all the great but the feel of it would win you over after just a short drive. I think the 1" stripe in the middle also makes it look a little fatter as its not like you can't get your fingers around it, you just want to fondle the napa leather while you drive. I think he also padded a GT wheel on mine. If you were to pad a V6 wheel then it would be thinner. I am trying to confirm the price on the Fr500 but the problem with it is that he would need to wrap it to get the thumb pads in place you you either need to ship a wheel to him or buy one over there.

With the extra ones I have I could help out as I would just order a regular GT wrap to do myself, and send the wheels off to get th FR500 for you/others. When you get the wheel you would then send me the wheel you take off, I would then wrap it myself and then put it on the bay. Sound good? You would need to pay shipping there(to Poland), and then back to my place in the Midwest with your wheel. I think it could work...

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Right on Scott that sounds like a good idea. Shipping to and from Poland may be a real killer tho so I'll wait on confirmed pricing (or at least approximate confirmed) before I commit man but so far I'm liking it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online