TT or S/C setup?

scott5

Reaction score
I have a 95 GT with all bolt-ons for right now. I am starting to shop for some parts for it for this winter. I am debating on whether going with a TT setup or a S/C setup. I really was thinking about getting a 347 stroker kit and a KB and putting on it. I am looking for somewhere around 400 to the wheels. Any imput would be great.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
With only a goal of 400rwhp a supercher will be plenty, TT's are more beneficial for strip cars that can produce upper hp's. It would be a waste of money to buy a TT setup and barely use any of its potential. Vortech ftmfw!

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
With only a goal of 400rwhp a supercher will be plenty, TT's are more beneficial for strip cars that can produce upper hp's. It would be a waste of money to buy a TT setup and barely use any of its potential. Vortech ftmfw!
+1

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
scott5 said:
why does everyone with 5.0s do the vortechs and prochargers instead a kenne bell
Because it drives stock until you hit boost. It is gradual instead of instant. It is easier to controll at the track. Personally I like centifical over roots. But roots is fun to drive on the street.

ripper

Reaction score
Go procharger. You will get a intercooler with the kit and you wont have to tap your oil pan. O0 And procharger guys are just cool :pimp2:

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
tapping the pan is not bad and you always have fresh oil. On a contained unit its another expensive oil change. plus I'm not thrilled with the air filter being over my headers but sounds like you want a centifical supercharger.

OP
OP
S

scott5

Reaction score
i know this really isnt something good to compare it too, but when i drive my buddies 04 cobra just cruising its easy on gas and the charger isnt loud, but when i want to get some speed it gets up and goes and the sound is awesome.. he has a KB 2.2L.. That is why i was leaning towards a KB and im only looking to get 450-500 to the wheels

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
How much boost are you wanting to run? Most cobra's run 16-18lbs. to get those numbers(450-500) you are going to need a good hci combo with blower(normal boost). or for you if you get a kb a lower intake for a cobra(get it p&p) and the kb and add some major boost.

Eric_94cobra

Reaction score
A 331 kit is better for forced induction on a stock block, and get a race girdle. I've had procharger and currently vortech, I like the vortech better. Just get your fuel and tune correct or be prepared to break stuff. I never liked the lag in the procharger intercooler and all the duct length. My s-trim does fine with no intercooling. It is hard enough to hook up with the centrifugal, I couldn't imagine the instant hit of the roots. You'll beat roots cars all day long from a stand still with a centrifugal because of how the power comes on (most of the time).

OP
OP
S

scott5

Reaction score
The 347 kit that i am looking at getting only needs a competiton hone because the pistons are only 4.005in diameter. The guy who owns the hot rod shop says its all in the scat crank

OP
OP
S

scott5

Reaction score
here is the setup i wanted/ thinking of running

347 or 331
AFR 165cc heads
not sure what size cam?
GT-40/Cobra intake (ported and polished)
42 lb injectors
255 lph fuel pump
Lightning 90mm mass air
bassani Lontubes with o/r x-pipe into borla side exhaust
75mm tb
Kenne Bell Blowzilla w/ flowzilla inlet tube at 8-10psi

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
scott5 said:
here is the setup i wanted/ thinking of running

347 or 331
AFR 165cc heads
not sure what size cam?
GT-40/Cobra intake (ported and polished)
42 lb injectors
255 lph fuel pump
Lightning 90mm mass air
bassani Lontubes with o/r x-pipe into borla side exhaust
75mm tb
Kenne Bell Blowzilla w/ flowzilla inlet tube at 8-10psi
Don't forget the dart block since you are starting fresh. 165 are way to small, the more cubic in the bigger you need the heads try the afr 205 with at least 60lbs injector. 255hp fuel pump with added inline and ignition upgrade. custom cam.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I was thinking the same things about the heads... I like the Trick Flow heads.. You can get the C&C Ported ones but they are a little more money..

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
you can't beat afr's

+1 - dollar for dollar I'd say they're tough to beat for outstanding performance.

Quickstang, don't you think AFR205s would be a bit much for even a moderately nasty (500rwhp) 347? I mean, I've seen some 205s on a couple of local cars here in that displacement range, but they had REALLY mean combos and pushed out between 700 and 900+ rwhp. I think 185s would be the better choice for most of the smaller displacement strokers.

Paul.

GregT94SCC

Reaction score
If you keep your foot out of it a KB doesn't boost. It only creates boost when you open the throttle enough to lose vacuum. And when in vacuum it takes very little horsepower to spin due to the "windmill" effect. Its like running your AC in terms of parasitic loss. The only time it surprised me was on its maiden voyage it came on boost while I was turning (due to pilot error).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.