TTSaleen's Mach 1 Project - This time in Azure Blue!!!

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score

Video on my Mach 1 and swapping the Magnapacks for their standard muffler to tone it down some.
Enjoy. Also closest guess to my next video of my dyno numbers will get a free T-shirt.

Ryan

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

789 rwhp 720 rwtq

That’s so fawking awesome!!!!!!

Ryan I got two questions.

1) you’ve got blown cars and turbo. Which do you seem to like better overall??

2) the t56 magnum is “rated” for up to 700 tq. Do you trust it at those numbers or higher??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
That’s so fawking awesome!!!!!!
Ryan I got two questions.
1) you’ve got blown cars and turbo. Which do you seem to like better overall??
2) the t56 magnum is “rated” for up to 700 tq. Do you trust it at those numbers or higher??

Thank you!
I really like a supercharged car for a daily driver. Less "stuff" underhood and most aftermarket parts fit great.
By comparison, a turbo car mostly requires custom inlet/outlet piping and can be intrusive when you have to do maintenance (hard to get to belts or change oil if tubing is close to filter/etc). But the turbo car by FAR will make more power and you don't have to worry about any belt-slip!

I have seen guys make well over 900rwhp with the T56 Magnum and beat on it to 9 second ET's in racing without issue.
I believe the biggest concern is the type of clutch you would choose. I put a McLeod RXT in mine and it seems perfect!
If the car was making over 900rwhp, I would have chosen the RXT1000 upgrade which is supposed to handle the higher torque/hp rating.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you!
I really like a supercharged car for a daily driver. Less "stuff" underhood and most aftermarket parts fit great.
By comparison, a turbo car mostly requires custom inlet/outlet piping and can be intrusive when you have to do maintenance (hard to get to belts or change oil if tubing is close to filter/etc). But the turbo car by FAR will make more power and you don't have to worry about any belt-slip!

I have seen guys make well over 900rwhp with the T56 Magnum and beat on it to 9 second ET's in racing without issue.
I believe the biggest concern is the type of clutch you would choose. I put a McLeod RXT in mine and it seems perfect!
If the car was making over 900rwhp, I would have chosen the RXT1000 upgrade which is supposed to handle the higher torque/hp rating.

That pretty much sums up exactly what I needed to hear!!!!!!

Thanks Ryan!!!!!!

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Delivered 2 shirts this weekend to Todd and Duane for having the closest guesses to my HP numbers.
Instead of 1 winner, I decided to give 4 shirts away to the people that got the closest during 4 pulls and each respective number.
2 delivered.
1 is shipping today.
1 is still awaiting the person's contact info so I can ship it.

Ryan

Tshirt_winners.jpg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Impressive numbers and another killer build . This one might be my favourite

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
That’s so cool always loved dukes of hazard and the general lee . This video decided that the Mach is my favourite of your collection for a street car , things a absolute beast .

Thanks. I am working on the belt slip issue. I think it is because I am overspinning it (7000rpms and 26# of boost). LOL.
So today I changed from the 2.7 upper pulley to the 2.8 size. Maybe this will help slightly.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice , yea you gotta use all of the rpm range . Thing sounds so good I have the same catback

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
In case you haven't seen my Mach 1 in a while.
Here's a little vid I just put out.

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Got a question about the AFS Wheels. How much room is there between the inside of the wheel and the caliper face on the front? I am putting Cobra R Brembos on mine and have concerns about whether or not I can run the AFS Mach 1s. I do not want to run a spacer.

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Got a question about the AFS Wheels. How much room is there between the inside of the wheel and the caliper face on the front? I am putting Cobra R Brembos on mine and have concerns about whether or not I can run the AFS Mach 1s. I do not want to run a spacer.
Unfortunately I don't have the AFS on the Mach anymore (they currently reside on my 68 Charger) or I'd be happy to measure it for you.
I'm sure someone on here has run that combo tho of AFS wheels and Cobra R Brembos and should have some input/photos.
Ryan

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Update to the Mach thread!
Put the T56 Magnum back into the Mach after pulling it for the TTSaleen last year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.