Tubular Front End for Sn-95s Available?

Justin_Bradley

Reaction score
Okay, anyone that has seen the front end of the donor car I bought knows that from the shock towers up (on both sides), the front end is about as crooked as a southern politician. Now the original plan was to sell anything worth salvaging that didn't need, keep what I do need, then trash the body. However, I have been doing so thinking, and I wanted to know if there is somewhere I can buy maybe a tubular (kowabunga, bodacious :D lol j/j) front end for my car that I can weld in and still mount a one-piece fiberglass front end, just so I am not throwing away a chassis that is 80% good.

d_punch

Reaction score
Matt i think he's talking about, like tubular frame rails, and rad support. then everything else like K-member, radiator, etc... is bolted onto.

i really doubt that you would find an off the shelf kit. but i could be wrong. you will most likely have to have it made by someone who builds race car chassis.

OP
OP
J

Justin_Bradley

Reaction score
Okay well let me take another approach:

If I bought a car with an effed-up assend, and cut everything from the firewall up off, how hard is it to get everything alinged and welded onto my car?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on your experience and tools at hand.

I've welded for a number of years.
you'd have to measure it out very carefully. then brace and jig the subframe.
you'd need to know how to weld it so the heat doesn't warp it out of allignment. :)

97vertstang

Reaction score
if u want to do it right is gonna be hard, most cars that being in ur situation are bondo sculptures.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99