tubular k-member

Doodler

Reaction score
To free up room for the turbo kit, my tuner recommended going with a tubular k-member and coilovers. So it now has a UPR kit in the front. Do I need to re-torque the bolts on it after a little bit and the car has had a chance to for the suspension to settle?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I don't think you have to retoque anything. Once it's on the car, it should be solid. If you are referring to springs taking a set, that happens a lot quicker than you expect, and will not affect all the parts that have been bolted on.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you referring to the control arms? If you are using stock control arms, with stock rubber bushings, you are supposed to put the car on the ground and then do the final torquing of the control arms with the vehicle weight on them. If you are running aftermarket control arms (and if you aren't, you should be with a tubular k-member and coilovers) then you can torque them down whenever, even if the car is still up in the air. Because the bushings aren't rubber, they aren't being preloaded (which is why it's a problem for the stock control arms and why they are to be torqued with the car on the ground).

OP
OP
D

Doodler

Reaction score
great, thanks guys! k-member and control arms are all tubular. Should be all set then. I just wanted to be safe rather than sorry and have the front end come unglued going down the road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online