Tucking wiring harness

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
I have the driver side tucked behind the fender with the fuse box, and I ran the harness across the front to the passenger side. That's connected to the passenger side harness that has the MAF/IAT connectors. I'm not sure how/where to route the main harness that has the injectors on it. Did you unwrap the harness and run them one by one?

OP
OP
Pitbull_SN95

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that but in my opinion I think it's a bit ridiculous that people try to profit off this community. I'm in school M-F, and I work every weekend.. money isn't on my side right now.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that but in my opinion I think it's a bit ridiculous that people try to profit off this community. I'm in school M-F, and I work every weekend.. money isn't on my side right now.

You think it's ridiculous that people try and profit off this community? Why? Because you're broke? Because somebody published a book and they're charging money to get a copy? What about aftermarket parts suppliers, tuning services, performance shops, etc. Are they all ridiculous too?

OP
OP
Pitbull_SN95

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
You think it's ridiculous that people try and profit off this community? Why? Because you're broke? Because somebody published a book and they're charging money to get a copy? What about aftermarket parts suppliers, tuning services, performance shops, etc. Are they all ridiculous too?

If you have an issue, PM me. I'm not going to argue in a this thread. Even though, I'm sure no one will post here now.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's a bit ridiculous that people try to profit off this community.
That person that is trying to make a profit off the community is actually a site vendor. He has every right to sell it and make money. Also, dont get the idea that the content in the book is community work. He wrote the book and its his information. Without vendors this forum wouldn't be what it is.

I don't think that book is even very much... But I'm sure someone has *free* knowledge of wire tucking.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think that book is even very much...

It's only $7 for a PDF copy if you go to his website. It covers 1996 thru 2004 2v and 4v applications.

Actually, I planned to buy a copy myself once I get the white cobra project back underway next year (hopefully) because it'll be money well spent.

OP
OP
Pitbull_SN95

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
That person that is trying to make a profit off the community is actually a site vendor. He has every right to sell it and make money. Also, dont get the idea that the content in the book is community work. He wrote the book and its his information. Without vendors this forum wouldn't be what it is.

I don't think that book is even very much... But I'm sure someone has *free* knowledge of wire tucking.
'

Well I didn't know he was a site vendor, and I do agree that the site wouldn't be in the shape it is without vendors. I'm just asking for someone to say how/where they ran the injector harness. Did they take the wrap off and run it? I don't want a detail write up, pictures or step by step instructions.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I cut a hole behind my fender and ran it back inside the interior of the car and then over to the trans hump where I cut another hole and poked it out from there. It will come up behind the intake. You don't need to unwrap anything if you plan ahead and basically have one person feed each harness through one at a time as you pull from the other side. I rewrapped mine with tech flex because I am rewrapping all my wires with it and it does help you to pull it through holes as it does not get hung us as much as the split loom and is just as durable if not more durable. But if you are upset about a $7 bill then I don't think you want to start buying techflex.

OP
OP
Pitbull_SN95

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
I cut a hole behind my fender and ran it back inside the interior of the car and then over to the trans hump where I cut another hole and poked it out from there. It will come up behind the intake. You don't need to unwrap anything if you plan ahead and basically have one person feed each harness through one at a time as you pull from the other side. I rewrapped mine with tech flex because I am rewrapping all my wires with it and it does help you to pull it through holes as it does not get hung us as much as the split loom and is just as durable if not more durable. But if you are upset about a $7 bill then I don't think you want to start buying techflex.

I already have some wire loom that I'm going to re-wrap it in. It's not the amount, it's the fact that someone is trying to profit off the community, that is here to help each as hobbyists. I didn't know he was a vendor, and I'm not raging about it. That's not what this topic was about, I just wanted to a simple answer from the people that have done it before. $7 doesn't upset me, but I watch my money closely. Thanks Ttocs.

Can we close the thread now?

FOUSH

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying the book or PDF is their a link to the vendor?

thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online