Tune question

Sn95 matt

Reaction score
I have a stock 94 gt rn in the next few weeks i plan on put gt40 heads and trickflow intake will i need a tune for this stuff for it to run properly?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Well it depends on witch head gt 40 is a head design
Name
Ford racing make many of them

You get the plain Jane with intake you won't need the tune

OP
OP
Sn95 matt

Sn95 matt

Reaction score
Im getting the normal gt40 heads i think the ones your talking about are gt40p

OP
OP
Sn95 matt

Sn95 matt

Reaction score
Well it depends on witch head gt 40 is a head design
Name
Ford racing make many of them

You get the plain Jane with intake you won't need the tune
If i got to 24 pound injectors will i need a tune?

OP
OP
Sn95 matt

Sn95 matt

Reaction score
i dont think so
i had pretty much the same set up and did not require a tune
Also did you port your out or do any work or did you just clean them up and throw them on and did you notice a gain and or a diffrence in general?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
no not at first i put the parts on like that
and you wont feel a difference unless you modify everything heads cam intake pistons
and so on then you will need the tune

joe65

Reaction score
the stock computer and fuel system should have no issue with that set up. It’s really only in the ballpark of 30-50hp gain over stock. Like everything you can tweak it and get more. It is a good set up with a cam and exhaust etc…then a tune can tweak more hp out of it. I wouldn’t mind throwing gt40 iron heads on our Ranger motor. The aluminum heads would cool to get. Gt40x.

TrickVert

Reaction score
If you install 24-lb injectors, you will need a tune or a MAF meter calibrated for them, otherwise the computer will dump too much fuel thinking its still pulsing 19's. The computer should be able to handle the heads and intake alone, but toss a cam onto the mix, and you're 50/50.

Maximum95

Reaction score
If you install 24-lb injectors, you will need a tune or a MAF meter calibrated for them, otherwise the computer will dump too much fuel thinking its still pulsing 19's. The computer should be able to handle the heads and intake alone, but toss a cam onto the mix, and you're 50/50.

This is absolutely correct. With GT40 heads and an aftermarket intake, you will essentially have the same top end as a '94-'95 Cobra. The Cobra had 24lb injectors, so I would think that 24lb injectors with a calibrated MAF would do the trick. If you add a chip and tuning, you would likely be able to gain another 10-15hp from that setup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online