tune up ? ... cap & rotor

ko 5.0

Reaction score
Hey guys, just ready to do a tune up and just bought a msd cap and rotor. Is that a good one to go with and when I go with wires, should I stick with msd or go with something else.

Thanks

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
OH yea MDS stuff is top notch, since you already have the cap and rotor might as well keep everything matched so get the MSD wires too :thumb:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
might want to look @ livewires if you have headers. I just put a set on the stang and they are nice :thumb:

badass98svt

Reaction score
I've been hearing a whole lot of problems with MSD stuff. Mostly the wires.
I'm sure the cap and rotor will be fine. As far as wires go, I'd go with FRPP 9mm wires. You can get them red if you want also.

OP
OP
K

ko 5.0

Reaction score
Thanks, just stock right now. reading a lot and learning a lot on here right now. m Have a bunch of stuff in the garage I need to get on and then I can get rid of that horrible pic I have.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
badass98svt said:
I'm sure the cap and rotor will be fine. As far as wires go, I'd go with FRPP 9mm wires. You can get them red if you want also.

Really ??? ??? Hmmm this is the first I have heard about any problems with their stuff. I might better stop recommending them until I find out more about this.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Do a search on SVTP or MW, oh wait MW doesn't have a search function. I'm sure you'll find info on other sites as well.
FRPP wires are terriffic quality. They are the only wires I buy.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
badass98svt said:
Do a search on SVTP or MW, oh wait MW doesn't have a search function. I'm sure you'll find info on other sites as well.
FRPP wires are terriffic quality. They are the only wires I buy.

MW is :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: and SVTP is full of :aresehole: :aresehole: :aresehole: :aresehole: :aresehole: :aresehole: :aresehole:'s

Sorry facts are facts, but I'll do some research on this, becuase im interested in finding out more about the problems with them.

G_94_T

Reaction score
ive known several people that had problems with MSD coils going bad....ive had no problems with mine over the last year........yet

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
badass98svt said:

Really ??? ??? Hmmm this is the first I have heard about any problems with their stuff. I might better stop recommending them until I find out more about this.
I haven't heard that either and I am on alot of other boards... I use MSD wires and will not use another type.

OP
OP
K

ko 5.0

Reaction score
What is the correct dist order. My car is setup like this now..starting on top going left 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8

I have seen on a few sites that the order should be this...1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8

Which one is correct?

OP
OP
K

ko 5.0

Reaction score
Thanks, that's what i thought, i just finished installing new plugs and wires. Man my plugs were shot, must have been the originals, nothing left.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Did you notice an improvement?
What plugs/wires did you use?

OP
OP
K

ko 5.0

Reaction score
I haven't driven it yet, but I used msd cap and wires and autolite 24 plugs. Not ure if I like the wires thought, they seemed a little short on the 7 & 8. I am thinking about replacing them with frpp already cause i just ain't liking the look.

Although i have had my stang for 8 years, i am just starting the mods. I have a bunch of stuff in the garage that needs to go on and that's the first time i did plugs, those 7, 8, 4 plugs sucked trying to get them out.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I would def. go with FRPP wires. They are top notch as far as quality and fitment goes. The price is VERY reasonable as well.

OP
OP
K

ko 5.0

Reaction score
Do i also need to change the coil out? I am assuming that is the piece that the coil wire attaches to just right of the dist cap. Just want to make sure :hammer:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online