TUNE UP

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
A laser thermometer aimed at each exhaust port. (no fire no heat)
To ck spark coming out of the dizzy, just put the timing light on each spark plug wire.
Noid tester on each injector will tell you if the signal is getting there to fire the injector but not if the injector is actually working.

What's your real problem?
A moderator will probably move this to the 5.0 section when he gets up.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Moved

Yeah, what's the actual problem. I think you should be able to tell if its firing incorrectly....

Also, WHY ARE YOU YELLING!

Addermk2

Reaction score
You could run a KOER cylinder balance test.

OP
OP
G

gary spielberg

Reaction score
What is a KOER cylinder balance test ???
it runs fine one day and the next It feels like no power then the next day the power is
i'm a old school hot rodding back from the 70's. I would start at checking the spark at each cyl to make sure it's there then go from their.
I have new plugs,wires,msd coil. msd6al-2 box and it seams like it should have more power then what it dose

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Serious question aswell, what did you gap the plugs at? Which plugs did you put in, which plug wires?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
What is a KOER cylinder balance test ???
it runs fine one day and the next It feels like no power then the next day the power is
i'm a old school hot rodding back from the 70's. I would start at checking the spark at each cyl to make sure it's there then go from their.
I have new plugs,wires,msd coil. msd6al-2 box and it seams like it should have more power then what it dose

a Haynes/Chilton manual will explain what KOEO and KOER is well and how to read codes with a paperclip.
what mods do you have on the engine and what plugs are in it too. 5.0 don't typically like platinum plugs.

OP
OP
G

gary spielberg

Reaction score
why do you say that I have used their coil in a couple of other cars and it felt like it did more good then harm ....

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Jump the 2 wires in the engine bay with a paper clip for the engine diagnostics... turn car on. After codes stop flashing floor the gas briefly then it will start its compression test. Should take about 5 minutes.

GEORGEKLASS

Reaction score
Jump the 2 wires in the engine bay with a paper clip for the engine diagnostics... turn car on. After codes stop flashing floor the gas briefly then it will start its compression test. Should take about 5 minutes.

And then how will he know if a cylinder is not 100%?

OP: Just buy a $20 code reader and be done with it. It's easier than counting check engine light flashes.

Addermk2

Reaction score
And then how will he know if a cylinder is not 100%?

OP: Just buy a $20 code reader and be done with it. It's easier than counting check engine light flashes.
Well, for one, the code reader won't do a cylinder balance test... which is what he was instructing on how to perform.

And the cylinder balance test will tell you if a specific cylinder is not contributing properly.

But you would have known that if you had looked at my posts.

GEORGEKLASS

Reaction score
Well, for one, the code reader won't do a cylinder balance test... which is what he was instructing on how to perform.

And the cylinder balance test will tell you if a specific cylinder is not contributing properly.

But you would have known that if you had looked at my posts.

Really? That's funny because I did one with my code reader. Innova 3145. If you think I'm full of shit I'll even make you a video. You have a lot of nerve chief. I know what a cylinder balance test is lol. In seas of counting flashes just write down the codes and check the book after....

Addermk2

Reaction score

GEORGEKLASS

Reaction score
Apparently not...

Sighhhh, buddy if the guy doesn't know how to read the flashes it will just confuse him this is what I'm trying to say. The code reader really makes it easy. Obviously it's a glorified paperclip but if one of the cylinders is off its easier to see what codes on the reader come out then counting the flashes. Of course you have to give it a shot on the throttle to start the test te reader can't start it on its own.

2002BLGT

Reaction score
Equus 3145 scanner can do a cylinder balance test on any obd1 ford sequential fuel injection engine, here is a video showing how to do it , basically you just blip the throttle after running engine running codes and it will take off on its own , code 90 means all pass , if say cylinder 3 is down on power output you will get a code 30 , or cylinder 4 will show 40 and so on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IYSGdroCuo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online