tuning tips

Tattoogod

Reaction score
Hello again guys..is the timing and tps sensors adjusted the same way as the fox styles.Id like to run my 95gt at 14' advanced..but i dont wanna drop any parts since there is high mileage..It never fails with me ..the car can be running fine then a tune something and BOOOOOOOM something breaks or Fu%$s up lol...so if anyone knows of a link and site or whatever about all the small typical stuff on these sn95's ..any help would be very usefull...I feel like im starting over again with this car..but it is growing on me..the cockpit looks strange me...hell i cant even find the fuse box yet lol....so any help even if you think its beginner level stuff post it please.thank you for the time guys.BTW if any of you need help with custom audio or supercharger systems..i have around 16 years experience in the car audio game and about 5 years with the supercharger..like systoms of problems etc...lets make this forum useful for all of us.,i know theres alot of questions about these cars that peeps would like to ask but thinks its to stupid.so im gonna take one for the team lol...lets post away thanks again

Ill start with a few basics i do

1.In the summer i run 15w-50 or 20w50 full syn motor oil

2. in the winter i use 5w30 weight syn..both brands are mobile

3.every oil change i clean my air filter (k&n) style or replace

4. every 10,000 my fuel filter gets changed

5. i use autolite plugs gapped at .045

6. every 3rd oil change my wiper blades gets changed.

7. every 3rd k&n filter cleaning i also take apart my MAF and clean the sampling tupe with carb spray..with help with the idle

8. while im under the car doing oil change i check the trans fluid (5 spped)

9. about 2 times a year io check all exhaust bolts to make sure they are tight

10. when ever i remember lol to i check all fitting with grease nipples and pump them full

this is a small basic list to start out with.

OP
OP
T

Tattoogod

Reaction score
oh yeah anyone have any tips on getting out the top bolt of the smog pump..it is kicking my ass lol...i only see two bolts holding it on..i was able to break loose the one underneath in the back after a can of jb blaster lol..but after slipping and busting the hell out of my knuckles on the top under the alt..i had to call it a night..got blood all over my new parts :-[

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
impact gun for the bolt.

Clean your MAf, clean your IAC. Set your TB return screw to default/stock. Set your TB (if u have aftermarket) screw to all the way down then like 2 turns open. Check your TPS again. Set your timing. Then play with the TB return screw to where it will idle, go inside and turn on stereo and AC, might have to adjust the idle a bit to keep it running. Then unplug your battery for 30+ min, re connect to reset the computer so it will learn the new settings.

Thats what I did one time and it really helped. Read this for more details:
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/maintain.php

wytstang

Reaction score
I have never figured out why people love running such thick ass oil. All you're doing is putting your oil pump under a lot of stress trying to suck it up when cold and hot. If your car doesn't burn oil or leak oil run what Ford recomends 10w30 winter if it cold in your area then drop to 5w30. If you really want to learn about fluids and filters start reading http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?
Also playing with the TPS is a waist of time as it is computer controlled on the 94/95 no matter where you put it the computer resets it where it wants it.

OP
OP
T

Tattoogod

Reaction score
nice site..thats what im talking about now. very helpful.I was always undere the impression of heavier oil is better..thanks for the heads up :thumb:

wytstang

Reaction score
Tattoogod said:
nice site..thats what im talking about now. very helpful.I was always undere the impression of heavier oil is better..thanks for the heads up :thumb:
That may have been the fact say back in 1969 thicker oils were the norm, and so were moster motors that didn't mind. Now a days oils have been so refined that thicker does not equal protection, thinner oils do a great job of holding up like champs. Hell I've taken my 10w30 motorcraft (synthetic blend) up to 5,000 miles with no worries. Actaully by the end of this week I'm sending out a used oil sample to make sure the oil is doing it's job and there's no metal's, coolants, and or fuel mixed in and all is working well.

97vertstang

Reaction score
u cant run 20w-50 even when the motor is tired.thats way too thick!!!!bearing clearances are tighter now adays thats why we run thinner oils.even when it gets old go up a lttle but not that high.also todays convetional oils are way better than back in 1969.even people with old big blocks run thinner oils nowadays.what ever ford says to put on it thats what i u use.my car says 5w-30 so i run 5w-30.maybe when it gets high mileage change to 10w 30 or close but not by much.oh and those oil additives at least to me they're crap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online