Tunning and Cleaning

SN952NV

Reaction score
I saw the post by Matt94GT wich defanantly brings up some good points. Cleaning the MAF IAC and bleeding air out of your brakes. Im honestly going to say that none of this besides normal maintanance has ever been done since I got the car... and well I want to do it. Never done the brakes before and the IAC and what not.....what are some easy steps or important pointers?

S

scarface

clean the parts with a spray electrical cleaner, take them off, spray them clean, reinstal.

Brakes-
*Jack the car up, support it, remove wheel.
*Look for the bleeder valve on the caliper. with the car off, have someone pump the brakes until the pedal is hard.
*tell them to hold the pressure on the brake and crack the bleeder open.
*Once the brake pedal goes to the floor, tighten bleeder. tell friend to let up on the pedal...repeat until there is no more air coming out of bleeder.
*move on to next brake, repeat.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
scarface said:
clean the parts with a spray electrical cleaner, take them off, spray them clean, reinstal.

Brakes-
*Jack the car up, support it, remove wheel.
*Look for the bleeder valve on the caliper. with the car off, have someone pump the brakes until the pedal is hard.
*tell them to hold the pressure on the brake and crack the bleeder open.
*Once the brake pedal goes to the floor, tighten bleeder. tell friend to let up on the pedal...repeat until there is no more air coming out of bleeder.
*move on to next brake, repeat.

Roger that.

and remember to make sure the fluid in the master cylinder stays topped off as your bleading it.
If you suck it dry, you gott start over. :)

S

scarface

or you could purposely suck it dry, and replace the fluid with all new stuff :)

OP
OP
S

SN952NV

Reaction score
nice...thanks ya ill prob just flush the whole thing... my rotors are at the end of their life so ill most likley just be lookin for slotted rotors and lines... who :boink:

S

scarface

american motors probably has that stuff. Blue oval industires also.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's good stuff :lol:

I like when the guy pints a says "vhat does dis DO?"
lol

On Wayne's World, I'm pretty sure they say "it certainly does suck"
gotcha, movie man!!

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know that site that has the HOW-TO on Cleaning MAF, IAC, and setting TPS? Well its really easy anyways, but do you know what these parts are? Lets start there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online