Turbo Build

robskw

Reaction score
Hi guys! I know here is not the best Place but Its 5.0 related!! I May need some help of you stangboys!!
Finally got My GT 5.0 running with the Turbo Kit! Got alog of headache but now running a complete standlone ECU.

My Setup actually is
All Stock Block, Pistons , rods everything!
75mm Throtle Body
CX Racing GT35 Ball bearing Turbo and those Ebay Crap Header kit. ( never buy them I Made the mistake and needed alot of custom job to make them fit well).
and a Fueltech Standalone ECU
120lb Trickflow injectors.
Running the Car with Ethanol only.

My goal is 400-450hp Safe with reliabilty. The tune is very conservative and runs alot rich and no more than 5500 rpm.
Beat a friend Camaro SS V8 2012 with the Turbo Kit and i am Pretty happy with the results but Want to make a strong&safe built!

What do you guys think is the Best Mods i can do now ?

What alum Head is good for turbo? Volume CC etc? I am still using the stock.

Hydraulic roller or Mechanical roller? rockers? theres a Head kit I Can buy with everything? Rockers, Springs etc?

331 , 347 or 351 For Turbo applications?

any other advice I need to know?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you looking to go forged? Because the stock block and rotating assembly are two major things holding you back from your goal.

OP
OP
robskw

robskw

Reaction score
yeah Planning to go forged Pistons and rotating assembly, but Block i Plan to use the stock one.

what do u guys suggest?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Your goals are achievable. Im not in the pushrod scene much, but do have friens that are. Ive witnessed a completely stock 92 fox down to the e7 heads, stock throttle body... made 400rwhp and you could catch the fuel with a bucket from the tailpipes. He had a hellion kit..iirc. Real nice stuff

OP
OP
robskw

robskw

Reaction score
Nice bro, it was all stock inside? made 400rwhp and the car still runs today? Got troubles?
I just want to run a Safe Turbo build for 400rwhp..
Honestly i dont know if I get just Forged pistons or do a complete rebuild for 331 or 351.
Where r the SN95 Turbos? I do not see many ..

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice bro, it was all stock inside? made 400rwhp and the car still runs today? Got troubles?
I just want to run a Safe Turbo build for 400rwhp..
Honestly i dont know if I get just Forged pistons or do a complete rebuild for 331 or 351.
Where r the SN95 Turbos? I do not see many ..

There's several turbo'd stangs around the Louisville area where I'm at. A couple are running stock blocks with stock crank and just upgraded pistons who are making around 400rwhp with no issues.

Key things are having good reliable tunes and not trying to turn high rpm's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lswht

Reaction score
I have a cam intake sn with a 70 mm on3 kit and made 398 on 10 lbs. Safe as can be. Make sure you have a good tune on it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
If you are keeping the stock block... don't waste your time/money with forged internals. Unless you need to over bore to fix the cylinders (only if there is a problem upon inspection), you can use the stock pistons as well. As far as heads go look for a good deal on some used gt40s or if the deal is good enough go with some trickflow170s/AFR165s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online