Turbo cams on NA engine

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Can you run turbo cams on a N/A engine until you get the turbo kit you desire? or is it just better to run a normal NA cam and swap them out when you do a turbo kit?

Nathanael

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Will you make more usable power in the range you want? Probably not. The benefit with turbo cams is they are somewhat tame. They have the added lift and duration but the LSA is usually close to stock or even more tame. The tune will be a bigger factor.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Will you make more usable power in the range you want? Probably not. The benefit with turbo cams is they are somewhat tame. They have the added lift and duration but the LSA is usually close to stock or even more tame. The tune will be a bigger factor.

Would it be better to buy a NA cam suited for head and turbo it? or just buy turbo cams for it reguardless...This is going to stock bottom end low boost...

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
You are going to tfs heads right? If so, make sure to get the tfs specific cams.

Yup, I was looking a MHS for cylinder head & cam combo. I will be happy with 400rwhp for now until I can afford a built bottom end. I am trying to take baby steps since im not rich lol.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Low boost you will want you can and head selection to be correct

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
N/A....Tfs heads, tfs cams, professional products aluminum intake, long tubes, all tuned out equates to 400rwhp(actually 408rwhp peak)

In other word....you can do it!

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Yup, I was looking a MHS for cylinder head & cam combo. I will be happy with 400rwhp for now until I can afford a built bottom end. I am trying to take baby steps since im not rich lol.

Got a garage or some space?

Get an engine, and build it. That's what i'm doin.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online