Turbo kits for 2V

Rjnelson222

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I currently have a 98 GT that I am planning on building, currently stock 2V Windsor block and I am looking for turbo kit recommendations, I know I will have to change K member and other frame pieces.
I have thought about one of the on3performance kits

badass98svt

Reaction score
How much power are you looking to make?
How much money ya got?
Are you doing the work yourself?

OP
OP
R

Rjnelson222

Reaction score
How much power are you looking to make?
How much money ya got?
Are you doing the work yourself?
Yea doing the work myself, honestly trying to learn about turboing the 2V, not trying to break the bank super hard, maybe in the range of 2-4k at most for the kit itself, anybody got any recommendations? And for power, whatever a stock engine can put out

OP
OP
R

Rjnelson222

Reaction score
Yea doing the work myself, honestly trying to learn about turboing the 2V, not trying to break the bank super hard, maybe in the range of 2-4k at most for the kit itself, anybody got any recommendations? And for power, whatever a stock engine can put out
Meant stock internals if wasn’t clear

Snorky

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I currently have a 98 GT that I am planning on building, currently stock 2V Windsor block and I am looking for turbo kit recommendations, I know I will have to change K member and other frame pieces.
I have thought about one of the on3performance kits
The on3 kits are okay. I would definitely opt for the ball bearing turbo and maybe the billet wheel ( loved my 67mm bbb) and rock the on3 restrictor plate. Change the turbo drain and oil filter relocation kit to a 10 AN line setup. Use an sct ba5000 or equivalent slot style MAF and use an 05-09 MAF pig tail. Have on3 weld on the maf flange for you, saves the headache of having to find a flange, cut the tube and find someone with an AC welder. The headers I would check before installing and kiss them on a belt sander if they are not flat.. both flange and V band. The v band clamps are kinda crappy from on3. I would get some 47-60 lb injectors and a large pump and give it a go. The down pipe back exhaust is another discussion

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
The on3 kits are okay. I would definitely opt for the ball bearing turbo and maybe the billet wheel ( loved my 67mm bbb) and rock the on3 restrictor plate. Change the turbo drain and oil filter relocation kit to a 10 AN line setup. Use an sct ba5000 or equivalent slot style MAF and use an 05-09 MAF pig tail. Have on3 weld on the maf flange for you, saves the headache of having to find a flange, cut the tube and find someone with an AC welder. The headers I would check before installing and kiss them on a belt sander if they are not flat.. both flange and V band. The v band clamps are kinda crappy from on3. I would get some 47-60 lb injectors and a large pump and give it a go. The down pipe back exhaust is another discussion

Precision 6266 would be an even better choice!

badass98svt

Reaction score
At 2-$4k you dont have many options
I'd just go with an On3 kit and upgrade the important bits

garrittpwl

Reaction score
I've been building/modifying a 4.6 on3 kit for my 5.4 and honestly I've been impressed with the quality for them being a "cheaper" kit. I would definitely recommend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online