Turbo manifolds

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I'm not expecting a ton of responses on this but I have a wonder. Do turbo headers make much of a difference? I have an engine sitting on a stand, it's a 2v. I won't subject to the 4v. Long story short I'm going all out on it. This will be what gets me to my 7-800hp goal. That being said, is that a point where I need to spend $900 on CG headers? I was tossing around the idea of building my own but I'm not THAT confident in my welding skills yet, and from what I heard it's only a few hundred bucks I'm saving. Any additional info on the matter would be great

Wichers123

Reaction score
Headers could be made for about 200/250 easy, and that's a huge savings that could be used for better quality parts that matter like wastegate or turbo.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
I say the same, get a quote for some custom headers locally. Short manifolds like that are pretty straight forward to make. The nice part about turbo specific manifolds is that they usually allow for easier pipe routing rather than power gains over more traditional designs.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for the feeback guys I'll definitely get some quotes if I can. Shit 200/250 is soooo cheap. I'll talk to one of my welders at work and see if he can point me in the right direction. I just don't want to dump $900 on headers alone. Granite I know they are made to order but still lol. That's so much money for some steel IMO

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Headers could be made for about 200/250 easy, and that's a huge savings that could be used for better quality parts that matter like wastegate or turbo.

You've made headers for 200-250 before? Even if you're building them yourself, you'll be hard pressed to get to that. And having someone custom build them for you is $$$$$. Having to build them to clear everything in the engine bay isn't easy.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
You've made headers for 200-250 before? Even if you're building them yourself, you'll be hard pressed to get to that. And having someone custom build them for you is $$$$$. Having to build them to clear everything in the engine bay isn't easy.

Exactly man. That's actually probably why cg is so expensive. You can get them to clear the ac and ps

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Wichers123

Reaction score
The design needed to clear is easy. Shouldn't cost much in metal. It's all labor in the price of those headers.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
The design needed to clear is easy. Shouldn't cost much in metal. It's all labor in the price of those headers.

You seem to have avoided answering my question. If the design was so easy, there wouldn't be people shelling out so much money for these headers. And designing headers to fit around the k-member, starter, a/c, p/s, etc. all while being able to be installed is far from easy.

Wichers123

Reaction score
The manifolds only needs to be a log design which is very simple to make. Everyone is so worried about equal length designs so a lot of fab and material goes into it which cost waaay more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online