***Turbo SN95*** A Must See

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol come on guys give it a rest. it doesn't matter a bit, there both fast cars.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
I just think its funny that a little kid thinks he knows it all and says stupid things such as "shows how little you know". ::) Especially seeing as how my DAILY DRIVER would walk the dog on his Cobra. :nonono:

But you're right it doesn't matter at all. Neither cars are mine so I don't care who would win between the Supra and Mustang, as said before I would just like to see the run...from a stop, 5mph roll, 45mph roll, 80mph, 120mph WHO CARES. :lame:

Z28 This

Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
Z28 This said:
um considering he has around 9 supra kills and not one loss yet....on his full boost he makes well over 1000rwhp...with his low end tq a 990ish hp DYNO QUEEN supra shouldnt be much of qa challenge and ive seen a 700rwhp cobra take down a r1 so your point is????? hes also raced and beatin the most well known supra owners around orlando

Z28 This said:
haha once again shows how little you know...he built the car to race from a roll...he wanted to just take down supras at there own game....supras are not invincible no where close..

::) Dude you aren't even worth me wasting my time to reply. :lame:

18 years old. :hammer: That explains it. Hell I was out beating Supra's myself before you could even drive.

since when did anything with car knowledge or anything on those lines have to do with your age???????

Hicks

Reaction score
z28 this.... i love that name! is it on your tag?

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Z28 This said:
since when did anything with car knowledge or anything on those lines have to do with your age???????

Same reason you aren't as smart as your elders. O0

Hellion94

Reaction score
Don't tell me we are getting into one of those retarded Supra vs. Mustang things again.

The truth is we have NO idea what would happen in a race between the Supra in question and Wolverine's car. The only way we would know is if they raced, and since they haven't we don't know.

WE can speculate all we want and start insulting eachother for no reason (WTF?) but it won't do anything.

Let's compare the cars though, just for fun. that would help the comparison.

Wolverines car: has dyno'd well above 1000 to the wheels, it's documented. His car weighs in at a little over 3600 lbs i believe, maybe closer to 3700. He's got a 5 speed.

The Supra: I'm assuming is a 6 speed, as dyno numbers over 1000 at the wheel is hard to do with an auto in a supra, but it's very possible. Has nitrous also. i don't know much else, but assuming that it's normal souped up Supra weight, it's also in the 3500-3800 lb range.

Assuming that these are close to the facts about these cars. I would still go with Wolverine, and here's why.

a. Torque. Wolverine has much, much more than the supra does, simply because of the engine size and design.

b. Powerband. Wolverine also has a broader, flatter powerband, as most v-8 cars do when compared to straight 6's. This means his acceleration is more constant, longer, and less violent, which means more traction.

For those 2 reasons I would say that Wolverine would edge it out, it wouldn't be buslengths, or even car lengths, but i think he'd get him.

But like I said before, who knows.

haha once again shows how little you know...he built the car to race from a roll...he wanted to just take down supras at there own game....supras are not invincible no where close..

And as for this comment. You are showing your own ignorance.

How do you suppose you "build" a car to race from a roll? Don't all cars accelerate, even when they are in motion? Implying that he built it to race from a roll would imply that he built it to not hook up at any speed under 60mph, which would mean he "built" it to what it was stock, or worse (suspension wise) and just gave it tons of power. All he did was build a car that was fast enough to beat certain other cars...AT ANYTHING. Supra's usually race from a roll because their power comes in very violently, because their boost ramps up very sharply. Racing from a roll allows them to build boost first, and then "hit the ground running" so to speak, thus minimizing their chances of completely blowing the tires away.

sorry for the novel.

voidfinger

Reaction score
very good run down man, just one thing. I know a couple people with turbo stangs that build them to run mostly from a "role". By saying this i mean that if they hit it off the line all it does is burn b/c its hard unless you got lots of money to get it to hook right. They built their cars to mainly role off the line and then hit high boost. I'm not a turbo man and don't understand the techniques but considering that turbo cars have special cam profiles other than the norm. I'm thinking that you could "build" a engine to race from a role. Low TQ+HP at low RPM and Then HP+TQ at Upper ranges. Thats the way i see it but i could be totaly wrong. I think this would be a cool race though.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
wow, the shop where they tuned him at is like 15 minutes away from me, and i had never heard of it....and if you go to there site, there is a yellow evo that i saw at the track that is badass...it had 4 sicks on it and a humungous(dp?) turbo and nitrous.

Hellion94

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
very good run down man, just one thing. I know a couple people with turbo stangs that build them to run mostly from a "role". By saying this i mean that if they hit it off the line all it does is burn b/c its hard unless you got lots of money to get it to hook right. They built their cars to mainly role off the line and then hit high boost. I'm not a turbo man and don't understand the techniques but considering that turbo cars have special cam profiles other than the norm. I'm thinking that you could "build" a engine to race from a role. Low TQ+HP at low RPM and Then HP+TQ at Upper ranges. Thats the way i see it but i could be totaly wrong. I think this would be a cool race though.

The first part is true. That's why most people race from a roll, because of a lack of traction. All i was saying however, is that you don't neccissarily "build" the car to do that, usually that's just the way it ends up.

Tubo cars don't always have different cam profiles, in fact they almost never do unless you buy a turbo specific cam. The majority of turbo users that i've witnessed or talk to use Ford Motorsport grinds, with the F303 cam being the most popular---and the F303 is a cam originally designed for high rpm supercharger use. The hard truth is, if a cam makes more power on a N/A engine, it will makes more power on a turbo engine as well, it's just the way cams work, and it's the way an engine works....power adders don't change the function of an engine.

The fact of the matter is, all turbo engines act the same, as do all centrifugly supercharged engines, or roots blown engines, or nitrous engines. It's just the nature of the power adder. Nitrous will always hit hard but lack on top, centrifugals will always be lazier at the bottom and scream on the big end...stuff like that.

There are combos that work better from a roll, and some that work better from a stop, that's pretty much all we can say about that. With that in mind, yes it's concievable that someone could build a combo with roll races in mind, but all that means is that they are focusing on the power, and not the chassis, which is fine.

BTW, your car looks nice. :thumb:

voidfinger

Reaction score
thanks man, i'm in the process of doing a cobra motor swap with the t45 and i'm wondering what to do in the way of future power adder. I'm sure i'm going nitros to start with and then i'm ??? about weither to go with vortec w/after cooler or go single turbo. MMMM questions questions questions. lol

Hellion94

Reaction score
Dude, don't even worry about nitrous.

If your going to make the move to a power adder, do it right the FIRST time. Go with something that's there always and doesn't have to be refilled. Plus blowers and Turbos sound really cool too.

voidfinger

Reaction score
well i like the idea of nitros since i could install on the gt and then to the 4V, but it cost alot more than i got.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
well i like the idea of nitros since i could install on the gt and then to the 4V, but it cost alot more than i got.

are you forging the motor before you put it in...you might as well save yourself the time and trouble and do that now, so no matter which power adder you choose, you will be ready.

V

vp6799

That CFT place builds some pretty sick rides. O0

Here's the same video but from there site. It's resized a bit bigger.
Turbo Stang Vid

They also have some video's of the honda that runs with him in the last test run.
Turbo Civic Vid

voidfinger

Reaction score
man i just watched the vid again and he needs some major suspension tuning. And that damn civic is bad ass too. hope i never meet him on the road....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online