turbo systems

smokinya9

Reaction score
i want to put a turbo on my car or twins i was looking at hps set up are there any others that you guys would recomend looking at she is my everyday driver would like to put her in the mid to high 11s and id be happy..........for now.......a little while lol

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
smokinya9 said:
i want to put a turbo on my car or twins i was looking at hps set up are there any others that you guys would recomend looking at she is my everyday driver would like to put her in the mid to high 11s and id be happy..........for now.......a little while lol
I wouldn't recommend HP's kit.
These are top 2 in my book.

Single:
http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/

Twin:
http://www.turbohorsepower.com/

OP
OP
S

smokinya9

Reaction score
thanks dalmar for the info ill check into them hows your nitrous coming along

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
HP makes one of the best kits around........ ok so why not pick them???? .... Well they have had issues with people ordering kits and they never get their kit..... they had lawsuits up the wazuu and i agree cuz your spend alot of money on their kits and they say right off the back that there's a long wait for the kits but some guys were waiting almost a year when promised a couple of months...... listen to dalamar and get any of the other 2 he listed...... if you have a 5.0 then i recommend BGturbokits.com...... they have great service the wait isnt long and the parts are very well fabricated

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
smokinya9 said:
thanks dalmar for the info ill check into them hows your nitrous coming along
I'm hoping to take the car into MMW to wrap up some wiring differences and get it started. Tuned for the first stage anyway.
I need to put 1000 miles on it to break it in before the NOS get's run, but it's all wired up!

Ya know another big plus of the Hellion kit is that all the piping is made by Bassani!!

SvtBlack95 said:
HP makes one of the best kits around........ ok so why not pick them???? .... Well they have had issues with people ordering kits and they never get their kit..... they had lawsuits up the wazuu and i agree cuz your spend alot of money on their kits and they say right off the back that there's a long wait for the kits but some guys were waiting almost a year when promised a couple of months...... listen to dalamar and get any of the other 2 he listed...... if you have a 5.0 then i recommend BGturbokits.com...... they have great service the wait isnt long and the parts are very well fabricated

Yes - their service sux ass, and they have had BAD fitment issues.
They're screwed over too many people including their employees!

Another bad mark is their Turbo placement Heat-soaks the radiator/intercooler area, not good.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would have liked to have a turbo on mine, hell I would have loved to have a KB :-[

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Put a hellion on that bitch, beats most blowers, including the KB!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I should have thought about a turbo when I FIRST got the Cobra :comando: :comando: but I didnt and went ahead and got my longtubes and exhaust put on. There is no way I will go back into that part of the mod process again :D so a blower is the only option I will take, I wish the KB's were not so expensive....but since they are the ATI is what its going to be :dancing6:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Any blower will be sweet.

the Procharger is a good blower.

Hey SVTBlack - is the Paxton the Novi??

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Any blower will be sweet.

the Procharger is a good blower.

Hey SVTBlack - is the Paxton the Novi??

yea, I think the NOVI is a top level model of the Paxton :dunno:

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
ya the novi 2000 i think is like the s trim of vortech.....i was reading an article on caomparing vortech's strim,paxton novi 2000, and the ATI intercoolered....... i was very impressed all of the blowers made very close numbers.... the ATi made 586hp,Paxton made 583hp i think, and the S-trim made 576hp....... so any blower is good :thumb:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
ya the novi 2000 i think is like the s trim of vortech.....i was reading an article on caomparing vortech's strim,paxton novi 2000, and the ATI intercoolered....... i was very impressed all of the blowers made very close numbers.... the ATi made 586hp,Paxton made 583hp i think, and the S-trim made 576hp....... so any blower is good :thumb:
Ya know, you really cant trust articles any more, there's too much behind the scene's
It's all sales driven, that's why they always make them similar results.
this is my OPINION.

Over on MPH, they have dyno day vids, with HP numbers.......
the Novi's put out good power, in fact take a look at their dyno day video's if you want some AWSOME, REAL feedback numbers.
#4 is my favorite ;D

Also keep in mind the HP gains are limited by engine flow of the heads, exhaust and cam specs.

19turbo95

Reaction score
Ive got a HP kit for my 95. Its a good kit but took 5 months to finally get everything. Customer service sucked bad.

Daywalker

Reaction score
I want a Turbo kit so bad, I just can't stop thinkin about it! :noes: There are a couple people/companies that are supposedly coming out with kits for the 96-97GTs within the next few months. I need to contact Hellion again, but I'm pretty sure that they're planning on a single turbo set-up that won't require a new K-member/coilovers/A-arms. That would save a lot of dough...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Daywalker said:
I want a Turbo kit so bad, I just can't stop thinkin about it! :noes: There are a couple people/companies that are supposedly coming out with kits for the 96-97GTs within the next few months. I need to contact Hellion again, but I'm pretty sure that they're planning on a single turbo set-up that won't require a new K-member/coilovers/A-arms. That would save a lot of dough...

I know how you feel!

Yes it would
Got any links?

Mystiq_Knyght

Reaction score
hey all, I want to apologize in advance if this is a repeat discussion or perhaps a subject for a new thread but I just have to ask. I know if you have UD pullies, they are a no-no with superchargers, is this concept the same for running single-, twin-turbos?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online