Turn Signal problems

Tattoogod

Reaction score
Whats up peep's..just getting home from over sea's ,,long story..but anyhow today i was driving and noticed my car's airbag lit up and now my turn signals dont work..I havent checked anything cause im at work..just wondering if any of you know whats going on with it..thanks

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Airbag light is on and the turn sig wont work, hmmm check your fuse box first to see about the turn sig, as far as the airbag light...... :dunno:

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Ohhh boy...haha. Are your reverse lights still working?? I've had this issue for a while now and everytime I disconnect the reverse switch on the tranny (no reverse lights) the fuse is fine and the blinkers work. If I reconnect the reverse light switch the fuse blows and my blinkers don't work. It's been a REAL pain in the ass. I've been told it's the airbag sensors up front but I havn't gotten around to see if thats it.

Good luck and keep use posted!

waltnono

Reaction score
Easiest thing to do like snake said is check the fuse, I'm @ work also but when I get home I'll check to see if the two are electricaly connected somehow and try to give you a little direction but check the fuse 1st

OP
OP
T

Tattoogod

Reaction score
ok everything comes down to the turn signal relay..but I cant find the stupid thing..do any of you have a picture of where it is possibly :mad: ive looked for it..i found the hazard relay ..but i cant seem to locate the signal relay

OP
OP
T

Tattoogod

Reaction score
OK update..Ive replaced the multi function switch,,the clock spring. the flasher relay..and still got the air bag light on constantly, and no turn signals..but everything else works. I'm bout to put this horse down :mad: this is the worse problem Ive ever had.,.lol I'm bout to put this horse out of it misery. any ideas?

d_punch

Reaction score
have you tried to see if it's throwing any codes with a code scanner? most auto parts store will check for free.

OP
OP
T

Tattoogod

Reaction score
the only flasher i could find is the hazard flasher. from what ford tech hot line said its the same thing..its the yellow relay mounted on the fuse box under the dash..and yes i tried 3 different ones..but the scary part is ,,is that the air bag light popped up as soon as the turn signals quit working..now I'm almost scared to drive it , thinking that maybe that damn air bag will pop out at any given bump i hit,,,,this is just not a good situation. Ive been told by a few ford techs to check for fuseable links..I'm just having a hard time trying to figure out why the air bag and turn signals quit at the exact same time..they shouldn't be on the same circuit....and also no codes were thrown,,,Anyone wanna buy this car lol....Damn I'm, getting mad at this freeakin thing lol..and its getting cold too ..tracing a short in this car may as well be invisible with all the wiring in here...I'm used to the 86-93 fox style..this wiring is alot different..I like a challenge ,,but this one just down right sucks

OP
OP
T

Tattoogod

Reaction score
Ok problem found..the :aresehole: from Kentucky lol who installed the car alarm..decided it would be a good idea to hide a 15 amp fuse way up under the dash for some reason..now im blowing the 15 amp fuse on the fuse panel.nowi gotta trace why its blowing for..some people SHOULD NOT own tools,

OP
OP
T

Tattoogod

Reaction score
if anyone may know what fuse location one pops as soon as i turn on the key...is there a common problem for this..heres a diagram ..hopefully i can get this issue fixed soon..thanks in advance,

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

OP
OP
T

Tattoogod

Reaction score
ok heres another update, ive been fcking with this thing for a cpl weeks now..and im getting more pissed each time..i was in the trunk looking at the bulbs and found a burnt one..pulled it out popped in a new fuse and bam i got turn signals and the number 1 fuse didnt pop..made me excited lol.. i backed out of the driveway headed down to the advance auto to get some new bulbs for the entire car..and that damn fuse popped again..now im really confused..id work on it tonight but here in cincinnati we are goiung to be getting alot of rain for the next cpl of days and my garage is so small im not even gonna try to do any work..so now i have to sit here and stew over this..i checked the reverse light switch on the tail end of the transmisson, it appeared to be ok with no wires shorting out. I am at a total loss for whats going on..,and help or ideas im open to suggestions no matter how easy it might seem..ive already dropped over 400 bucks in parts ,,so why stop now lol..please :help2:

dnkapcorydnk

Reaction score
Hey i know whats ur problem is... the electrical gremlins visited you..... they just got done with my car.... lol i also have the airbag light on right now but no turn signal problems... have u tried getting a new switch for your turn signals thats what it was on my friends foxbody gt

OP
OP
T

Tattoogod

Reaction score
ive replaced the multi funtion switch for the signals, new clock spring, new relays, new bulbs all the way around,,yanked out the aftermarket car alarm. the strange thing is after i do certain things the signals will work for a few second then as soon as i start to drive the number 1 fuse pops again. theres gotta be a dead short somewhere or something...i feel like my car is stuck in the twilight zone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.