Turning to the Blue Oval side

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
OK, folks, got a confession to make. My Road Runner is a 450-500 horse beast, fun to drive in straight lines very quickly but kinda loud and crude (in a good way). Tempted to find a nice 98 Cobra 5-speed in yellow and sell the Road Runner. Maybe next year...

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Well, Road Runner sold two months ago. Got an offer I couldn't refuse; price was right, new owner is going to do a full rotisserie restoration and as he lives just ten miles away said I could come visit it during the process and drive it when it is done. So, I've be been looking. Drove a 2002 GT, 2000 GT, 97 Cobra with 20k original miles and looked at a few more. Taking a 450 mile each way trip this weekend to check out a southern 98 GT ragtop, 68K original miles. No performance mods to speak of but has the UGLIEST rear wing ever - double decker with stainless steel ends. If it is as nice in person as it is in the pics I'll be driving it home Saturday.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Well, I'm now official. My long-suffering wife agreed to a road trip. Left Cleveland after work Friday, got home a few hours ago. Really clean car. The dealer told me had no mods, but turns out it has an after market exhaust - nice tone at cruise, great burgle at idle, fantastic growl when you hit it. Doesn't drone on the highway unless going uphill. Aftermarket shifter - crisp, short throws. Smooth, easy clutch. New top. K&N filter in stock intake, and brand new Optima battery. 17" American Racing wheels, staggered, new Cooper Zeon tires. Yellow tint on the side windows. The yellow trim work on the inside matches my wife's car almost exactly. Stock sound system is nice. The boy racer double wing on back is growing on me. All I can tell ya, it was a blast to drive through the mountains of VA and WV home. I had Little Feat on the CD, sun was shining mountains were beautiful - actually broke out laughing I was having so much fun! On-ramps and sweeping turns are a joy. The driver door sags a bit - looks like pin replacement time. Needs new accessory drive belt. The revs stay up a second or two when you let off the gas before they drop down. Otherwise, looks like any work is all upgrades. I plan on installing a style bar to match my wife's and swapping out the headlights and taillights to match hers too. I was thinking of going to get FR500s to match hers, but the American Racing wheels are nice. Front strut tower brace, rear shock brace, subframe connectors, cold air intake. I will be painting the side scoops and hood scoops black and putting black decals in the Mustang GT on the back bumper to match her car too. Once I get all that done, maybe more power mods.

f%20quarter_zpsgtof5doz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rear%20quarter_zpsiye8govb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
interior_zpsdgeyxwoo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
I did a search for "door pin" and it hit everything with "door" in it. Search for "pin" came up empty. Can you post the link? Thanks!

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Appreciate it! Good thing I still have my cherry picker...

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new purchase! Looks like a very clean car. Im doing the opposite of you right now...although Im not selling my Mustang, its leaving my garage and staying at my parents for a couple of years while I bring the '68 Charger to my house from my parents to finish the metal work and get the body work completed...

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Congrats on the new purchase! Looks like a very clean car. Im doing the opposite of you right now...although Im not selling my Mustang, its leaving my garage and staying at my parents for a couple of years while I bring the '68 Charger to my house from my parents to finish the metal work and get the body work completed...
Thanks, man. Second gen Chargers are one of my favorite cars of all times. Post pics!

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
Looks like a nice pick up. Be sure to change out those tail lights and wing ASAP.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Looks like a nice pick up. Be sure to change out those tail lights and wing ASAP.

Can't find the exact taillights she has, a carbon fiber look, so may buy two pair of identical taillights so they match (black Euro-style) and sell what is on the cars now. The front mounting holes of the wing are 2" forward of the stock mounting hole so a GT spoiler wouldn't cover them. It looks like the Cobra wing bases extend further forward and might work - I have another thread asking for dimensions.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Well, it passed Ohio emissions! Took it to my local garage, other than three wheels out of balance by an ounce (no wonder it vibrated at 60!) and torn boots on the lower ball joints they found no problems. I'm relieved!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online