Turning to the Blue Oval side

PinkieT

Reaction score
I'm a life long Mopar fan (70 Road Runner 440 Six Pack, Tremec 5 speed, hydraulic clutch, disk brakes, Air Grabber hood, etc.) but my wife's first car was a Mustang II Ghia. My first ride was a 65 Falcon. She became interested in cars as more than transportation a few years ago and decided she wanted a toy of her own. It had to be a convertible, automatic, and PINK! I was praying for anything but a Chevy. Scanning on line I found a 98 GT ragtop about this time last year. She took one look at it and we made the five hour trip to central PA. It was originally red, but had had a decent pale pink paint job. The used car dealer said he bought it for his daughter but she didn't like the shade of pink. 63,000 mile car, CarFax showing it had been in Hawaii and various places in the South indicating it had been owned by somebody in the service. The only mods other than the paint was bad aftermarket headlights (black caulk instead of the rubber weatherstripping, with blue bulbs) and a Flowmaster exhaust. My wife said she liked everything except the two tone tan and black interior. I said it could be swapped out, and so we bought it. First weekend we had it we bought a complete black interior from low mileage Cobra from a local guy who parts out SN95 cars. The next weekend, we went back to get some small bits and rolled out on FR500s. I'm just now getting the interiors swapped, but between last summer and now we put on front strut tower brace, back shock tower brace, subframe connectors, chin spoiler, honeycomb grill, and fuel door. My wife took the scoops out of the hood and painted them black last year, and last week while the interior was out she painted the sided scoops too. A style bar is going in with the new interior. I love my Road Runner, but it sure is nice to drive a car with power steering, power brakes, fuel injection, air conditioning, power windows, etc. It is also easier to find parts for!

I would post some pics but can't figure how to upload from my computer.

Anyway, glad to be here and I know I'll be asking questions as I get more into modding the car.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
welcome to the insanity
It helps to post pics if you us a hosting site like photobucket or imgr.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! There's a thread floating around that describes how to post pics, I'll see if I can dig it up.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
cruise%202_zps6huyejio.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Photobucket - it works, but is a major PITA. Anyway, these are our toys...

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
the phone app isn't too bad

Cool cars! What color is the vert top?

Thanks! It's black. I'm in the middle of swapping to all black interior. New dash is in, it will crank but won't start. Haven't installed steering wheel, console, or seats yet, don't want to have to rip it all out if I made a mistake. Don't know if one of those is making it not start.

lutter94

Reaction score
Oh yea, I seen your other thread about that. It's nice having 94/95 without that security system. Flat blacking the mustang in the grill might be a nice touch. :)

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Welcome! I love that road runner, and nice work on the mustang, it'll look great with a black interior

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! The pink on that Mustang looks a lot better than I had imagined it would! :D

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Thanks! It's black. I'm in the middle of swapping to all black interior. New dash is in, it will crank but won't start. Haven't installed steering wheel, console, or seats yet, don't want to have to rip it all out if I made a mistake. Don't know if one of those is making it not start.
The grill pony is going pink too!

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome...ive got a '68 Charger R/T on the rotisserie as we speak giving it the full treatment.

I seem to recognize your road runner because of the wheels. If it's not yours there is an identical one that I've seen at the Nats in Columbus and the Junction Mopar show in Chardon, Ohio...

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Welcome...ive got a '68 Charger R/T on the rotisserie as we speak giving it the full treatment.

I seem to recognize your road runner because of the wheels. If it's not yours there is an identical one that I've seen at the Nats in Columbus and the Junction Mopar show in Chardon, Ohio...

Yep, I was just at the Junction show two weeks ago and have been at the Mopar Nats and the Carlisle show many times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online