Turns out my former '04 isn't dead.

Goldmember

Reaction score
I'm starting to look for another Mustang- kinda-sorta. While searching through Craigslist, I came across my old car. It's been rebuilt, but I don't believe to any good standard. Most likely, a body man hack-job to make a quick buck.

For the "Before" picture- see my avatar. For the "After" picture- here is the ad. I know it's mine because that's my old stereo, and my floormats, and I can tell that's my Steeda catback along with the plastidip blacked-out rear bumper valence.

He wants $6K for a car that was insurance-totaled, has major rust issues, a questionable trans, and a ticking-timebomb Timesert on the #4 cylinder. I can't imagine he touched that stuff, and those are the reasons I didn't try to keep it. Anyway, look and comment...

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/5180139327.html

sn95jones

Reaction score
I can immediately see flaws, the paint on the fender is lighter than the rest of the car and wasn't blended properly, the right wheel is pushed back from the accident I can see that wasn't fixed, and the line up of the hoof and fender is off. Definitely not a good job trying to cover up the damages, I'd contact them and call them out on that shit since they claim it's a clean title.

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
I would, but eh, buyer beware. I considered posting about the car but again, wasted time/breath. Some kid will love that hood, buy the car, and total it once and for all.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Isnt timesert the proper way to fix these heads?

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
It is the preferred method of repair, yes. What makes it better than the helicoil is the tool that flares the insert out within the head, which locks it into place better. That said, the only foolproof repair is to R/R the head. I was getting a slight rattle at that cylinder again not long before the accident.

I'd also like to mention that the prior owner to me performed a hack-job repair the first time the plug on that #4 ejected. He put in one of those oversize Dorman self-tapping plugs that did even more damage. The tech who repaired my car said it was borderline, and that the self-tapper nearly did too much damage to repair. I'd believe it. $10 says he threw the plug in, and traded it asap.

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
As of 9-17, the car was relisted, with a big price drop- from $6000 to $4700. Something tells me that he was already called out on it. After 3 weeks, I wouldn't drop the price almost 25%, so I'm guessing desperation move.

Edit- posting deleted by author. Good luck to its new owner. Dishonesty really bothers me, and that might be why I followed the car as closely as I did... then again, buyer beware.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online