Two styles of radios on the same Mustang

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
It’s all relevant to what car you like and want. Who in the 60’s and early 70’s would have thought muscle cars would sell for what they do today. I would really like to have a 66’ Chevelle SS with a 396 or 427 or a 70’ Mustang with a 429, but I can’t afford them. So I have my yellow 95’ GT that I have owned since 97’. I have more than $12k just in the drivetrain. So why wouldn’t I expect it to be worth more than that to someone that likes that car?

Those people were just idiots. No. I am straight up going to say that. After the whole fuel crisis, no one wanted these cars. They werent even 10yo by then. Even in the 80s and 90s they were seen a POS. I mean, once they hit the 30 year mark, some became alright. But really, they were still seen as old cars, not classics. Cars of the 50s and older were classics.

Boomers be paying $100-500k for these things. That’s insane! I mean, they may actually have that much in the restoration, but it’s still stupid. Meanwhile, cars from the 80s and 90s are starting to go up because that’s all everyone else can afford, or see worth their investment. They aren’t special. It’s just a decent affordable vehicle, that are starting to become unaffordable.

But all the old farts are dying. If COVID19 don’t take them, something else will. And the economy is tanking. ...a lot of these muscle cars will go back on the market, and sell at an incredible loss because the people who want them, and have the money, weren’t even alive when they were built.

lutter94

Reaction score
Those people were just idiots. No. I am straight up going to say that. After the whole fuel crisis, no one wanted these cars. They werent even 10yo by then. Even in the 80s and 90s they were seen a POS. I mean, once they hit the 30 year mark, some became alright. But really, they were still seen as old cars, not classics. Cars of the 50s and older were classics.

Boomers be paying $100-500k for these things. That’s insane! I mean, they may actually have that much in the restoration, but it’s still stupid. Meanwhile, cars from the 80s and 90s are starting to go up because that’s all everyone else can afford, or see worth their investment. They aren’t special. It’s just a decent affordable vehicle, that are starting to become unaffordable.

But all the old farts are dying. If COVID19 don’t take them, something else will. And the economy is tanking. ...a lot of these muscle cars will go back on the market, and sell at an incredible loss because the people who want them, and have the money, weren’t even alive when they were built.

Economy is tanking? Toys have never been more expensive. I'm talking boats, atv's, utv's, jeeps, campers, the list goes on.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Corvettes are $60k? Why in gods name are so many people paying that for a truck?!? A truck that looks like it came off the same wholesale lot as their neighbors? I suppose the truck can haul more passengers than the corvette, but if that truly were the real reason, there are plenty of sporty 4 seaters with roomy backseats.

The new c8’s are $60k for the base model, but that’s if you powder it instead of buying it off the showroom floor. Big problem is they’ve halted production currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Economy is tanking? Toys have never been more expensive. I'm talking boats, atv's, utv's, jeeps, campers, the list goes on.

The economy has tanked AND the market has changed. It can do both. Those with money are stuck socially distancing. They can’t do any of the stuff they normally would do. All the “toys” you speak of are outdoorsy. All outdoor recreational products are in high demand now, and even used sell much higher. There are wait lists for things! I feel sorry for the parents that want to get their kid a bike for Xmas.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
The new c8’s are $60k for the base model, but that’s if you powder it instead of buying it off the showroom floor. Big problem is they’ve halted production currently.

I’ve heard of the production issues and prices going above sticker. I see so many on the road here though, that model, that I question just how rare these are.

lutter94

Reaction score
There were many that cashed in on the extra 2400/month. AGCO had employees working 4 days a week, collecting unemployment on the 5th day. That qualified them for the COVID 600/week kicker. It's a heck of an economy booster when people get it and still have a stable income (minimally reduced from normal)

Werecow

Reaction score
I remember the old days when I had a Kenwood am/fm Cassette deck that pulled out of my dash, a couple of 6 1/2 in bazookas and 2 Kenwood truck boxes all powered by a Nakimichi amplifier.... I thought that was really hot shit for the day...

Werecow

Reaction score
Oh no, I just saw where older radio set-ups were mentioned like the cd-mp3 players and cd-changers, an when I was interested in those I never had a chance to have one... Now I just use a single ear-bud to listen to audiobooks from my phone when I'm out cause the radio in my sport-trak doesn't have bluetooth and the fm adapter I tried with my phone is for shit.. So i thought I'd toss in my $0.02...

venom

Reaction score
I ALMOST pulled the trigger on the minidisc player for mine back then but had never even seen a mini disc at the time. Figured why? Wouldn't have anything to play on it so I passed. Still have never seen a Mustang with a minidisc player in it.
I have 3 JVC cd/minidisc players for cars and a home player/recorder. It was the best system out there since you could erase and record over your music mutiple times. What killed it was The MP3 format. Sound quality was excellent.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have 3 JVC cd/minidisc players for cars and a home player/recorder. It was the best system out there since you could erase and record over your music mutiple times. What killed it was The MP3 format. Sound quality was excellent.
Sony killed the minidisk because they didn't allow anyone outside of the sony recording studios to use minidisk. Ever notice why there were so few albums to choose from in that section? MP3 certainly didn't help them but they had a screwed up marketing idea from the start.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m just glad that MP3’s are even starting to not be the only media streaming. Services like Tidal and Deezer are helping people bring back true high definition audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.