Typhoon Intake? Fog Lights?

jpajkos

Reaction score
Typhoon Intake says 21 more to the wheels for 530 bucks??? Think it's worth it? Looks like a solid intake. Think I would see some good gains from it? Also Don't have fog lights but im going to pick up a pair and keep it in the garage along with everything else I have. Says on my car I have all the wiring and everything for them. So does that mean all I have to do is buy the fogs with the brackets and everything is ready to just plug right in? Gettting ready to do some work on the car for a change this weekend hopefully since it looks like I'll finally have some time.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I heard there is problems with this intake, im not sure though..

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i think that is the one Dalamar just got, i think he is getting it dynoed sometime next week.

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
if you gave me one i wouldnt put it on my car. that intake has had alot of problems. they are not sealing on the block where the thermostat is so they are spraying water. i havent seen no where near the gains they are claiming. i have heard they are rought on the inside but can be ported and polished. i did see on another forum where a bunch of people had bought them and everyone of them said it was a mistake. just wait until the others come out this spring. :drunk:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
seems to be the only PP intakes that aren't having fitment issues are the fully polished ones...could they be spending more time on the more expensive versions?

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
i havent paid attention to that really. i did see one polished that had the problem that i can remember. they did send him another and i havent heard back yet.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DFG_Ownz said:
i think that is the one Dalamar just got, i think he is getting it dynoed sometime next week.

That's correct.

They did have initial quality issues, which were blow out of proportion by forums, as most forums do.

I'll have some feedback for you hear shortly.

On the inside - my builder has installed 6 of these intakes, with no issues, just a washer on one of the plenum mounts.
and all customers replied that it felt better in the mid RPM range.
he also said he looked at the new trick flow model at SEMA, and said they look Very similar.
So there's some real world feedback for ya. :)

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Stay far away from the Typhoon intake manifold unless you enjoy
lossing power.I know a few people that lost power with the Typhoon
made in China POS.Choice a different intake for your car.

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
Anyone know of my fog light issue. Was reading some stuff saying that it comes pre wired? So do I need to just buy th house and bracket and basically plug um in?

ripper

Reaction score
Gtnut1996 said:
if you gave me one i wouldnt put it on my car. that intake has had alot of problems. they are not sealing on the block where the thermostat is so they are spraying water. i havent seen no where near the gains they are claiming. i have heard they are rought on the inside but can be ported and polished. i did see on another forum where a bunch of people had bought them and everyone of them said it was a mistake. just wait until the others come out this spring. :drunk:

I heard the same things about it.

tomustang

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Also Don't have fog lights but im going to pick up a pair and keep it in the garage along with everything else I have. Says on my car I have all the wiring and everything for them. So does that mean all I have to do is buy the fogs with the brackets and everything is ready to just plug right in? Gettting ready to do some work on the car for a change this weekend hopefully since it looks like I'll finally have some time.
You should have all the wiring, there should be one main wiring harness system for the mustang
there's alot of connectors that don't go to the upgrades you don't have on the car like the mach 460 wiring in the doors

svtboy

Reaction score
Dont waste your money, wait for the trickflow intake to come out.

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
wait for the vri manifold. it is going to be the one to get.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
We'll see how mine turns out.
If it' sucks, It's coming back off.

BUT, this leaking issue is blown WAAAY out of proportion in the fourms.
so the first batch had some issues....

remember, you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.