typhoon pi intake swap???

J

joelbegt

i found a site that has an intake, upper plenum, and t-body combo for a little more money than what the livernois pi intake swap kit costs. do you guys think the aftermarket pi combo deal would make much more power that just the pi intake swap. do you think it would be worth it? they claim 30hp and 42lb-ft gains. heres the site scroll down a little for the combo ad.http://rpmoutlet.com/newv8m.htm

Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure you are aware that the kit you linked to @ rpmoutlet.com is for 99-up Mustangs, Mustangs with PI heads. Whereas the kit at Livernois is for 96-98 Mustangs with NPI heads.

OP
OP
J

joelbegt

Sanchezcruz_20 - yes i realized it was for 99 and up. i wanted to do the pi intake swap but using aftermarket intake, but thx for the concern

MustangMatt96GT -thanks for the link, i think i'll do the stock pi intake with plenum and t-body

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
Why not ask dalamar what happens to a typhoon intake with a 200 shot of nitrous! :nonono:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
what you talking about man?
they blew my PI intake with a nitrous backfire while tuning it.
after that I put on the Typhoon.

They we dyno'd it and it lost 15 HP over the plastic PI intake NA.
so if your staying NA, it's not the best option
It's supposed to get gains with forced induction.

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
what you talking about man?
they blew my PI intake with a nitrous backfire while tuning it.
after that I put on the Typhoon.

They we dyno'd it and it lost 15 HP over the plastic PI intake NA.
so if your staying NA, it's not the best option

ahh sorry about that, guess i didnt read your thread right.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Dalamar said:

The link earlier in the thread talked about a guy with a vortech and some boltons gaining 6 hp and losing 15 lb/ft of torque with the typhoon. :dunno:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
68mustang5.0 said:
ahh sorry about that, guess i didnt read your thread right.

NP man, so far I havn't blown anything up (fingers crossed!)

Red96GT said:
Dalamar said:

The link earlier in the thread talked about a guy with a vortech and some boltons gaining 6 hp and losing 15 lb/ft of torque with the typhoon. :dunno:

that could be true, I havn't seen any sheets showing before and after on boosted motors.. a lot of internet opinion on that one.
Main reason i got mine was it looks pretty good, and is stronger in case the nitrous goes pop again.

Casper98gt

Reaction score
There are alot of people out there that think they should go the aftermarket world route. trust be told, youre not going to gain anything if much at all going with a aftermarket intake. Yeah you will gain alot from a NPI intake. But moneys worth just isnt there. If you want decent power without spending alot of money the PI swap is where its at. You could even go with just PI intake and cams because for the added compression youre getting, i personally dont tihnk heads are worth it. Work the Npis and they will flow very well. Npi's are NOT junk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Staff online

Members online