U guys see this? Airlift drops their SN Kit

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this a couple weeks ago. Seems like a very nice kit, but airlifts management isn't my favorite.

The bags/struts are very nice but also very expensive. I priced them out with accuair management... Yeah more than I could justify spending, especially with the Canadian dollar being so shit.

OP
OP
gate keeper

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
This kit was just released on Friday - i know they've been talking about it forever and then some - but official release was this last Friday.

We have an AL kit on our '05 GT - nothing but praise on how well that thing handles and sits. but then again, I've never sat in an Accuair ride so who knows.

Just thought I'd post it up in case anyone here was looking :thumbsup:

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There was a preorder a few weeks ago. 2 Fridays ago my local dealer contacted them and it was in stock. But yes the "release date" was just recent.

The airlift stuff is good, especially the bags/struts. I just prefer the accuair management from what I've researched and seen.

Royal96

Reaction score
I want the hell out of one of these kits, and looked forward to their release. However, I am severely disappointed (but not surprised) as to how ludicrously expensive it is.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Maybe so, but I was hoping for an affordable kit. But oh well.

Not sure how often you can use "air ride" and affordable in the same sentence. Now if you just want a simple up/down and are not concerned so much with the performance aspects you can still use a traditional bag/shock/strut the way it always has been done. The only advantage of the strut/shock/bag all in one is that it allows you to use aftermarket suspension parts. At this point I am so far upside down on the car and with on plans to ever sell it when I want something it is just a matter of how long I need to save to afford it. If this one had been out when I got mine from ridetech I would have considered it but honestly looking at the two kits the ridetech seems a little beefier/machined better. I know I am jaded owning the ridetech already and only comparing it to a pic but it just seems to be on a little higher level of product imo. Can't say for sure but I am pretty confident that this is just another perfect example of the car rule good _ fast _ cheap - pick two...

Royal96

Reaction score
Is this not essentially a bag/strut/shock set up or am I missing something? I know the more expensive kit has the fancy automatic system, but even the manual controlled system seems a bit out there.

cameron57

Reaction score
Interesting. Ive always thought air ride is cool. But, it hard to justify that when you could do full suspension with k member for around the same price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Is this not essentially a bag/strut/shock set up or am I missing something? I know the more expensive kit has the fancy automatic system, but even the manual controlled system seems a bit out there.

Yes that is an air-shock/strut package. What about the manual system is out there?

Interesting. Ive always thought air ride is cool. But, it hard to justify that when you could do full suspension with k member for around the same price.

Right but now imagine being able to drive to the track in perfect comfort be it the strip or a parking lot and being able to dial in the perfect height with the push of a button and a couple quick adjustments. Now also imagine being able to NEVER be afraid of a speed bump or curb? Yes like in anything in the car world you gotta pay to play but for me it allows me to know that my side exhaust skirts will not get broken somewhere along the road, will allow me to play at the track as well as allow me to drop it in the weeds for shows. The only down side is the price and if your like me with a bad short term memory you forget the price and get to enjoy driving your car anywhere you want to.

cameron57

Reaction score
I can understand that. Ive always heard airbag cars ride like a water bed. Ive never driven one setup to handle so i definatly dont know. Just curious if this is true. How well do these really work at the track is this one of those sorta works until you go really fast.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its all about how its set up but a water bed is a bit of misnomer imo. Lincolns have used them for a long time because it give a very soft forgiving ride. Semi's have used them for decades because of their durability and you know not because they have a wonderful ride. Depending on the strut/shock set up as well as with how much air is in it/how high its riding will determine if your riding on a magic carpet or if your more performance oriented but it gives the option for the best of both worlds.

cameron57

Reaction score
Very interesting

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
bags are not what they use to be. People just associate them with low riders or incorrectly with cars bouncing around. Given the right conditions they can be a performance upgrade as well as cosmetics.

Royal96

Reaction score
Yes that is an air-shock/strut package. What about the manual system is out there?
Again, the price. I just think they're honestly charging an arm and a leg for the R&D, as many companies do. It is what it is, though.

Royal96

Reaction score
These aren't even that bad price wise. It's not too bad to bag an sn95.

I guess it just depends on how you look at it. In comparison to other kits on the market? Sure, it's not bad.
If you're like me though, you value things a little differently, I suppose. But I have no good way to explain it.
Either way, I want the kit, and may even save up for it, but it'll be a lonnnng time.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its all relative to the person of course and saying they are not worth the price is easy to do with pics. I think if you had them in your hands and drove a car that had a set you would start to change your mind. I know my ridetech set when I got them in my hands I could not have been more impressed with the quality of the machining and the amount of work that had to have been done to design these. That is another part to remember that the air-shock/strut in the aftermarket automotive world is still pretty knew and most of it probably had to be designed and probably built in house.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ridetech has some of the baddest track cars/trucks out there racing right now. They have the capability to adjust their suspension for different tracks without having to climb under the car and adjust coil overs. They just push buttons on the controller and POOF......done and ready to run!!!!

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online