UCA Bushing Question

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Can you mix match the bushings between new OEM stock and Urethane? Or should you just use all OEM bushings like Maximum claims.

Nathan

RichV

Reaction score
You can. I researched this quite a bit last year and decided OEM on mine.

The UCA has a bushing in it, and the axle has a bushing, one for each UCA. It also depends on what you do with the car, a DD or a nice weather driver will notice a bit more NVH with the poly. If you run the car hard with sticky tires, all the deflection goes to the rubber bushings and they will wear much faster. Probability of snap oversteer, but I've never seen it.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
You can. I researched this quite a bit last year and decided OEM on mine.

The UCA has a bushing in it, and the axle has a bushing, one for each UCA. It also depends on what you do with the car, a DD or a nice weather driver will notice a bit more NVH with the poly. If you run the car hard with sticky tires, all the deflection goes to the rubber bushings and they will wear much faster. Probability of snap oversteer, but I've never seen it.

This car will be street/strip car, it will do 50/50 of each. I was wondering if you put oem bushing in the UCA and polyurethane on the rearend will you get weird feedback from the rear end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.